4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

preformance chips

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2010, 03:47 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by SVTeeshirt
how is selling something like that even legal, claiming 35hp isn't false advertising?

i mean most sites claim a little high but i mean you could see 10-15 hp from exhaust with a fully built and blown car, but this, wtf is this.
It sure is, but who's going to hire a lawyer to go after them, over $21--the feed back that's not phony is probably from either idiots who think it made a difference or people having a hard time admitting they were duped.

Read the "positive" feedback, no one actually says that it improved anything and many even happily say it did nothing--here's one I particularly liked:

"Because of this power chip my wife now finds me atractive! saved my relationship" (June 30, 2010). To read the negative and neutral feedback all in one place click here.

I may buy one just to hack it apart and expose the BS inside...

Old 07-19-2010, 12:56 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk
It sure is, but who's going to hire a lawyer to go after them, over $21--the feed back that's not phony is probably from either idiots who think it made a difference or people having a hard time admitting they were duped.

Read the "positive" feedback, no one actually says that it improved anything and many even happily say it did nothing--here's one I particularly liked:

"Because of this power chip my wife now finds me atractive! saved my relationship" (June 30, 2010). To read the negative and neutral feedback all in one place click here.

I may buy one just to hack it apart and expose the BS inside...

that would actually be pretty cool, just make sure you check the shipping, i love cheap items on ebay with $150 shipping lol.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:01 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

OK, I went ahead and did it--if SWMBO finds out I'm toast...

They charged me Florida sales tax, when it comes I will press them for their Florida Tax ID (my primary client is the Sate of Florida) and check to see if they are actually registered in FL.

I'd almost bet money right now, and I am NOT a betting man, they are not (although Miami reeks of this sort of crap) and their charging the tax is yet more of the scam--that's OK as one of my dearest friends (and a hot MILF to boot¹) is a senior manager in the Florida Department of Revenue.

If I get ambitious I may even install the silly thing and do some data logging...

Should I start a new thread when I get it ripped apart, or continue here?

-----------------------------------------------
¹ - SWMBO could toast me on that too, so let's keep it here.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:09 PM
Shotgun Love
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffyk
OK, I went ahead and did it--if SWMBO finds out I'm toast...

They charged me Florida sales tax, when it comes I will press them for their Florida Tax ID (my primary client is the Sate of Florida) and check to see if they are actually registered in FL.

I'd almost bet money right now, and I am NOT a betting man, they are not (although Miami reeks of this sort of crap) and their charging the tax is yet more of the scam--that's OK as one of my dearest friends (and a hot MILF to boot¹) is a senior manager in the Florida Department of Revenue.

If I get ambitious I may even install the silly thing and do some data logging...

Should I start a new thread when I get it ripped apart, or continue here?

-----------------------------------------------
¹ - SWMBO could toast me on that too, so let's keep it here.
You rock for doing this- I can't wait to see the results
Old 07-19-2010, 04:18 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

you could probably just keep it in this thread, im interested to see where this goes.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:03 PM
0949er
4th Gear Member

They offer a 100% refund thats how they get around lawyers. They hope that by the time you hook it up, try it out, compare it, unhook it, test out your original car, compare the two, that it has been longer then 30 days.

Just by making this thread about 5 random people that dont even post here will google that and will now buy it.
Old 07-19-2010, 06:03 PM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by 0949er
They offer a 100% refund thats how they get around lawyers. They hope that by the time you hook it up, try it out, compare it, unhook it, test out your original car, compare the two, that it has been longer then 30 days.

Just by making this thread about 5 random people that dont even post here will google that and will now buy it.
Only a complete idiot would believe that some $20 black box could work the wonders this jerk-*** vendor claims--and frankly I don't really care how idiots spend, or are duped out of, their money; in fact I often ponder how it is that idiots get money in the first?
Old 07-19-2010, 09:12 PM
nickmckinney
3rd Gear Member

For Florida just go to www.sunbiz.org to see their registration. Its a bill every business here has to pay every year.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:21 AM
cliffyk
TECH SAVANT

Originally Posted by nickmckinney
For Florida just go to www.sunbiz.org to see their registration. Its a bill every business here has to pay every year.
The Division of Corporations has notoriously bad data, I once did a search using the State's FEID and came up with several businesses registered using that FEID, one was a lawn care company in Miami.

The Division's explanation, when I questioned this, was that "...we do not validate the information we receive."

If you want the pure D straight dope, as to who's collecting and submitting sales tax, go the Department of Revenue--like deep-throat said, "follow the money."
Old 07-20-2010, 05:40 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

On top of the power claims they claim it reduces emmissions and prolongs engine life, I would love to hear the reasoning behind that. But im buying one just for that sticker of the kick *** martian and flying saucer thats on it.

Quick Reply: preformance chips