4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

What to do next?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 10:08 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

I'm thinkin a smaller cowl would look pretty tight man. I wouldn't go the 2000 cobra r hood though. Maybe the steeda cowl or something similar. I don't know how you feel about the polished lip on your wheels, but I think if you got those painted gloss black, powdercoated or somehting, that it would complete the look. Your car is blacked out, and getting rid of that lip could look pretty awesome as well.... Not saying it doesn't look good with the polished lip, just an idea.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:21 PM
96meangreengt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
Wow, I never thought of that. I like that idea, now when you say a professional detailer what exactly do you mean? Like a paint shop? Body shop? How much would that cost? A good nice paint job is also on the list of things to do but not a top priority. Buuut, with that said, looking pimpin' is always a priority!
If your out on the west coast there should be hundreds of detail shops just look in the phone book. paint shop should be able to do it also since they have to sand and buff the paint out when they paint cars. The price will probably be all over the place depending where you live. here in mississippi people dont really care about there cars so much so you could get it done for less than $150 for a complete detail but when you get into some big cities they are way more indepth on paint correction and could cost upwards or $500 just shop around and make sure they are a good company with a good reputaion. a buffer in the wrong hands can and will mean a new paint job in the future.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:25 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

I think the polished lip looks AWESOME on your car... If we were nearby, i'd let you put my wheels on to see if you like the blacked out look. I agree that a black lip could complete the look, but its a drastic change. You have to really be ready to do it. You can't be on the fence. Take some electrical tape to them one day...

Until that day, do what i said in my above post!

I love how your car is raked... I decided i am going to shave off 3/4" off my springs and drop the rear just slightly so that i have a nice rake going like you. Maybe going to go a "little" bit lower than your car up from and a "little" bit lower in the back. How does your car ride with the stock struts/shocks and the GT springs?
Old 08-16-2010, 10:26 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

^^ I like the lip for its contrast on the car. I kinda feel that too much black is bad actually.
HP-I do like the sanding down the side mirrors and painting to match the car, 03/04 chin spoiler will be in shortly.
^I already yelped acouple places and plan on calling them tomorrow for price quotes, thanks for the idea!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:28 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Have them do your side reflectors too while they are at it. Throw the paint guy a 20 or something lol. Ask if you can do all the prep yourself... That will save you some good money!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:29 PM
Harryman2002
3rd Gear Member

Tint the windows darker?
Old 08-16-2010, 10:33 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

hey crash... Can you do me a HUGE favor?

Go drive on a flat surface and measure how high it is from the ground to your fenders on the front and back?

And can you get that info to me asap?

I'd really appreciate it if you can do that for me man
Old 08-16-2010, 10:37 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
hey crash... Can you do me a HUGE favor?

Go drive on a flat surface and measure how high it is from the ground to your fenders on the front and back?

And can you get that info to me asap?

I'd really appreciate it if you can do that for me man
loling right now lol, ya hold tight buddy
Old 08-16-2010, 10:39 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

you're going to do it right now? lmao! epic!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:43 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

SO you wanted from the ground to the top of the fender right? That height is 25 3/4 in. at the front and 27 1/2 in. at the back. Is that what you wanted?