4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

What to do next?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 09:02 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Default What to do next?

Besides CO, and an IRS set up, what would you guys do next? Exterior wise that is. Here are some pics to help you for some ideas. So I ask you guys, what would you do with a reasonable budget, whatever that may mean to you.

Old 08-16-2010, 09:12 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

wide tires in the back would look sick or maybe do something with the headlights?Like projectors or smoked lenses or something like that? The car looks sick already ha the thing looks mean
Old 08-16-2010, 09:19 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Crash my friend, I think its time you finally "bite the bullet" so to speak, and start addressing the power issue!!!! longtubes....supercharger...you know it.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:27 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

^A much as I want to, freakin Ca emission laws suck. Honestly, I'm thinking about riding this motor out till it dies, buy either an 03/04 cobra motor, or a mmr 600 motor.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:38 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

You'll be waiting quite a while then bro! No matter what, hands down that car is one of my favorite Stangs.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:51 PM
96meangreengt
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
Besides CO, and an IRS set up, what would you guys do next? Exterior wise that is. Here are some pics to help you for some ideas. So I ask you guys, what would you do with a reasonable budget, whatever that may mean to you.

Car looks sick. If you looking for some exterior mods might I sugest something you probably didnt even think of. From the looks of the 2nd pic I see some cob-webing and hazing in the paint. I would take it to a professional detalier and have it buffed out and that paint would look so wet you will be afraid to touch it because it might pruin your fingers lol. but really the car looks great but after you get it buffed out it will look perfect. If I lived close I would love to do it for ya! black cars are the best color to buff on if you know what you are doing.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:53 PM
natedog
3rd Gear Member

Yea I have no complaints 'exterior' wise with your car, looks perfect. Maybe a cowl hood. But focus on power now... As far as emissions goes, keep the car N/A and put a nice set of cams in.

Last edited by natedog; 08-16-2010 at 09:55 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:55 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

^Thank you, Patience is a good quality of mine, I have aspirations to build my suspension first, I think that's a little more important to me. Power is good but what good is it if it can't get to the ground properly. IRS and Co's are most likely next on my list.

How do you think a CF 2000 cobra hood would look? Darker tint?
Old 08-16-2010, 10:06 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by 96meangreengt
Car looks sick. If you looking for some exterior mods might I sugest something you probably didnt even think of. From the looks of the 2nd pic I see some cob-webing and hazing in the paint. I would take it to a professional detalier and have it buffed out and that paint would look so wet you will be afraid to touch it because it might pruin your fingers lol. but really the car looks great but after you get it buffed out it will look perfect. If I lived close I would love to do it for ya! black cars are the best color to buff on if you know what you are doing.
Wow, I never thought of that. I like that idea, now when you say a professional detailer what exactly do you mean? Like a paint shop? Body shop? How much would that cost? A good nice paint job is also on the list of things to do but not a top priority. Buuut, with that said, looking pimpin' is always a priority!
Old 08-16-2010, 10:06 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

I always find something to do...

1) Tint the side reflectors with a can of vht niteshade
2) Get sideview mirrors professionally sanded and sprayed to match your car's paint
3) Get the 03/04 chin spoiler
4) Lower it a bit more

Those are decently priced things that you can get done and they WILL look good and hold you off til you can do coilovers or go for bigger things like a new hood