4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Saw myself in a magazine today

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 07:18 PM
nickmckinney
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
They should have done a little more about blower apps with your knowledge on them and how your parts and lizzy's car made 540rwhp with like what, 14psi? I want more info on your stage 3 heads and on that orange car though.

They only had 6 pages to work with and had to share with the 4V stuff for the original article. I haven't had time to get involved with another one recently but the last quarter of last year was dead, we shall see what happens this year. There are about a dozen articles I need to write for the website as is, oil pressure mods, pinning adjustable crank gears properly, timing the cams on a 4V head for cheaper, etc. Magazines are nice to get the word spread but the real info is on the website.

Stage 3 head is the exact same as a Stage 2 save for I modify the swirl dam to increase the intake flow, install Ti retainers, and Timesert all the spark plugs. Record I know of so far for the Stage 2 head with a plastic intake is right at 700RWHP at 20lbs and car ran 10.9@133MPH@3400lbs It should be a mid 10 car this winter since he swapped in an automatic (manuals and high power turbos don't mix well) Can't wait to see what some of these Stage 3 heads do with the Eddy intake.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:33 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

All this fame and still no T-shirts
Old 08-19-2010, 11:56 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nickmckinney
They only had 6 pages to work with and had to share with the 4V stuff for the original article. I haven't had time to get involved with another one recently but the last quarter of last year was dead, we shall see what happens this year. There are about a dozen articles I need to write for the website as is, oil pressure mods, pinning adjustable crank gears properly, timing the cams on a 4V head for cheaper, etc. Magazines are nice to get the word spread but the real info is on the website.

Stage 3 head is the exact same as a Stage 2 save for I modify the swirl dam to increase the intake flow, install Ti retainers, and Timesert all the spark plugs. Record I know of so far for the Stage 2 head with a plastic intake is right at 700RWHP at 20lbs and car ran 10.9@133MPH@3400lbs It should be a mid 10 car this winter since he swapped in an automatic (manuals and high power turbos don't mix well) Can't wait to see what some of these Stage 3 heads do with the Eddy intake.

I was wondering why the article was about an all motor 2v and the pic was of a C headed TT 4v lol.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:25 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Nick I have been in contact with Jeremy (If I remember his name correctly), the orange stang that many of us have been drooling about....He has nothing but rave reviews about working with you and your products. Hands down sold me on MHS.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:36 AM
nickmckinney
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
All this fame and still no T-shirts

Could have sold a 100 already I imagine

Still don't have business cards either...........
Old 08-20-2010, 07:41 AM
nickmckinney
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Nick I have been in contact with Jeremy (If I remember his name correctly), the orange stang that many of us have been drooling about....He has nothing but rave reviews about working with you and your products. Hands down sold me on MHS.

When you don't BS and have quality, word of mouth works really good. His name is Jerry and it seems like the motor came out better than he was expecting. He has had a few different performance modulars and came back to the 2V actually.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:44 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Jerry and I have exchanged a few PM's on youtube, and he said you were f'n awesome to work with! Having that great reputation goes a LOOOONG way. People don't buy the product, they buy the people......

Last edited by PurpleIcedGT; 08-20-2010 at 09:09 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:33 PM
nickmckinney
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by nickmckinney
Deja vu from 2002, I used to be in the custom home theater business and a large art deco speaker I built was used as a prop for a Super Bowl commercial. I about fell out of my chair when I saw it on the big screen, I had no idea then either. The shop owner where it was filmed called me up laughing afterwards. I got a picture of it around here somewhere, lemme see if I can find it.

Found it, my 2.5 seconds of Super Bowl glory, need to figure out a way to get a logo or something on another TV event