4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.
View Poll Results: What you like better?
Magnapack with o/r H
54.05%
Magnapack with o/r X
45.95%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Help settle a debate!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 10:14 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

"It also helps quiet down the exhaust, resulting in a mellower, less raspy tone."

"This “laminar” flowing gas is much quieter than tumbling gas, resulting in an exhaust tone up to 8 decibels quieter than a traditional H-pipe."

You need to read that article better before you post it...look at the two quotes above. What a crock that article is. Plus, youre talking on a h/c/i setup there pal...not a bolt-on car. If you have a car making peak torque where we make peak power, there is a lot more going into that setup than just exhaust. Plus 5.0's respond better to exhaust anyways and that was a bolt-on system that was 2.5" tubing. The exhaust setup that made the same power as open headers was using a stepped x pipe that exited at 3" and then went up to 3.5" and back down to 3"...that is nowhere close to a fair comparison. And the comments on how x's reduce rasp and are quieter than h pipes...COME ON PEOPLE!!! That article is super retarded and not valid at all here especially since that article is talking about a 5.0 first off, and it has a lot more motor work than just bolt-on's.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:15 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Rockwell28
lmao whatever. run what the hell you want to but if you research many different sites on it you will see the x outperforms the h 9 times out of 10 alot of ppl know that but they want chime in but its all good. pulses bouncing off eachother or pulses pulling eachother through which do you think will flow better use simple logic instead of the thread expert. whatever!
^^^^^
PLEASE tell me what it's like in La-La Land!! Is the sky still blue? Is grass still green? Whats it like Daddy?!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

to end it h pipes are a godsend and every performance car should run them no matter what hell they should cease the production of x pipes period bc the h pipe is just that awsome. hell even the cars of nascar need to ****** those x pipes off and run h pipes. im such a fool for runnin an x on my car thank you guys for your wisdom im going to take the x off my car right now so i can go get an h pipe thank you guys
Old 08-25-2010, 10:21 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

my address

rockwell28 03 stang
123 upyours lane
gokillyourself, ga 45679
Sounds like BAN-LAND for you sir...
Old 08-25-2010, 10:24 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

to end it h pipes are a godsend and every performance car should run them no matter what hell they should cease the production of x pipes period bc the h pipe is just that awsome. hell even the cars of nascar need to ****** those x pipes off and run h pipes. im such a fool for runnin an x on my car thank you guys for your wisdom im going to take the x off my car right now so i can go get an h pipe thank you guys
My advice? Sell the X pipe for an English writing tutor.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:24 AM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

the same thing has been debated on here many times b4 and I say smthn similar to what others have said many times b4 and ppl just decide to jump down my throat for some odd reason. and what is "ban-land"?
Old 08-25-2010, 10:26 AM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

didnt know this was school! as long as my point is clear.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:26 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Ban-land is where all members who speak out of their *** get complimentary English writing lessons and learn the simple basics to Mustangs and basic 101 modifications.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:27 AM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Yea def didn't think it'd get this heated. No need for that language sir...tisk tisk...you should know better then that.

This is a SOUND preference thread guys...not performance..lets read a lil here people...i know you all can do that. At least i thought you guys could lol...
Old 08-25-2010, 10:27 AM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

I've always been told X-pipe is better for performance, H-pipe is better for sound.

I have an X-pipe on mine, but I considered an H. An H-pipe+Flowmasters 40's=teh sex.

Quick Reply: Help settle a debate!