4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Beginner in need of advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 09:56 AM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

dan, just out of curiousity how much did you pay for the car. being that its imported to you. those cars are a dime a dozen around here and you can pick them up for around 5.5k-6k
Old 10-23-2010, 01:41 PM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Just take it to a shop. If its clean, then buy it. I am sure you dont the oppurtunity to often over there to pick one up. The whole time I was in Germany (6 years) I saw MAYBE 10 mustangs.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:05 AM
danny brez

Hi guys, firstly thanks for the warm welcome.

as i was saying i was a little worried over her history more so because of her relatively low mileage 35k but the fact she was shipped from new to japan says to me its someone who's had money and the japanese tend to look after there vehicles and it would explain the low mileage...ive owned japanese imports before and they've always been well looked after (my mum has actually just bought a supra 3 litre twin turbo, need for speed is in the blood haha).

your right though we dont see many mustangs here, the newer model you see now and then as its gained popularity but the only one ive ever seen of the model in question was at an american car show, so yeh shes the only one around here.

i pick her up sat, the askin price is 10k, she's in absolute mint condition, looks like sh'es been garaged all her life and theres no signs of fading on the ragtop or paintwork. the garage said she's had some extras done and it looks like a full stainless exhaust system, however i dont know if thats a factory standard. she also comes with a V8 private plate which would cost a grand in itself there abouts.

ill upload some pics soon as i figure out. cheers

i feel a little more confidate now that a friend of mine is coming with me to pick her up too, he's an ameteur rally driver and spends all his time stripping cars back to there shells and rebuilding them so he'll know a heck of alot more than i will.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:36 AM
danny brez

added pics in my garage, let me know what you think, any improvement ideas...i do wanna put some different wheels on here, those cobra's i think there called.

trying to get my pic up on the bottom of my threads and an little profile pic like you guys have but not sure how.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:46 AM
Bladerunner
2nd Gear Member

I think your Mustang looks very nice the way it is now Danny.
Whatever you do don't get a Cobra R spoiler!

Last edited by Bladerunner; 10-24-2010 at 05:05 AM.
Old 10-24-2010, 04:57 AM
danny brez

thanks, no its only the wheels from a cosmetic point of view i wanna change, in time i would like to see if i can get some more horses out of her so think its best just reading through all these threads and other peoples stats an see what i can do.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:08 AM
bluovalguy
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by danny brez
as i was saying i was a little worried over her history more so because of her relatively low mileage 35k but the fact she was shipped from new to japan says to me its someone who's had money .
Are you sure it is not a US service members old car? It would be pretty easy for it to have gone to Japan and then England if it was. Not that it really changes anything though.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:54 AM
Fox466
1st Gear Member

Nice looking ride and welcome to the world of Mustangs!
Old 10-24-2010, 11:15 AM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Hey if the car made it out of Japan without a huge wing and lambo doors you should feel lucky. Nice find.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:00 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bladerunner
I think your Mustang looks very nice the way it is now Danny.
Whatever you do don't get a Cobra R spoiler!
+1000000000

Quick Reply: Beginner in need of advice