4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Newby that needs help deciding.

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2010, 12:40 PM
Blood
2nd Gear Member

Tightdogal, I agree, the 99-04 are the best models ever produced in my opinion. I wish I had the $ for a Termi, but I dont lol. I am just wanting a cheap car that I can learn to work on and show. I think a GT is right for me. I dont really care that it's super fast, I just mainly want the sound and the look. You know? My truck can beat a stock GT, and its got a 6" lift with 37" tires. Lol.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:44 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

Yeah then, I'd say just get a GT man. Esp if you're not looking to make serious gobs of power. You pretty much want a GT for the same reasons I did. I coulda got a Mach 1, but it was about 13K and tbh, I don't really NEED that at this point in my life, I haven't even been to the track yet D:My next car will most likely be the 5.0 2011+, but for the meantime, I just wanted to get out of my v6 Stang into a GT with a rumble, decently quick, and a manual, and...looks good (cmon, a Yellow new edge is just win, don't deny it lol jk).

If that's your criteria as to why you want a v8 Mustang, that should be it. Sounds like you know what you want.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:47 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

And also, to be fair, a lot of people don't give 2v's enough credit. With a few bolt ons and gears, these cars can be made to be pretty fast. Not like modded Mach1/Cobra fast, but still about faster than about 80% of the other cars on the road. At least to stock 05-09 GT times. In NO way do I think my car is a monster, but, I know it's not slow at least. I just like working on my car for teh lulz. It's something that's extremely fun for me to do. But I'm not looking to have the fastest car either.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Blood
2nd Gear Member

Ya your car looks good, I think you should lower it 1" though. I want to get a Silver or Black GT for 6k its gonna have around 110-130k miles tho, you kno you cant avoid that.

But I want a silver one mainly and gonna put black or chrome wheels and lower it an inch, with a cowl induction hood, and cobra emblems. ITs gonna be sick. I have a nack for making any car or truck look good without over doing it. Its hard to find wheels for the car though lmao.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:06 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

I hope you didn't take what I said as a d1ck comment. It really wasn't meant to be. Many people down the GT and say GO FOR THE MACH1 OR COBRA!!!! But you know what? I say F that. There are plenty of V6's that will smoke some cobras, plenty of GT's that will rape cobras and plenty of Machs that can't get out of their own way. My advice is simple. Find a car that is in good condition that you like. Whether that is a GT that is black, sonic blue, red, purple, who the hell knows. Find something that YOU like. There are TONS of these out there. This is the approach that I took when I bought mine. There are so many debates about what I'm about to say but I dont give a rats ***....I would MUCH rather build it, than buy it. I take MUCH more pride in my car knowing that I built it to how I want it to look, and I'm planning on building a monster out of it. Anyone can go to a bank or credit union and take out a loan for 20k and buy a Cobra. You know what I say? Congrats, you just bought someone elses car. Again, this is MY theory. We can all sit here and say buy this buy that and we can all say what to do until we are blue in the face but in the end, it is your money, and you are the one looking at it and driving it everyday. PLENTY of GT's that would kill just about anything on the street that are on this forum. Now with that being said.... I think you definitely need to read up and be more knowledgable about nitrous. It creates torque monsters. Not everyone wants to go turbo or supercharger and many people go the nitrous route.....

IF you happen to find a GT that you like and are looking to make it look nice and be quick with minimal modifications...I would suggest the following -
1st - 4.10 gears/tuner (go to americanmuscle.com and 4.10s or nothing)
2nd - exhaust - Longtubes/offroad midpipe and a catback of your choice (check youtube to find what you like)
3rd- suspension/tires - For major suspension advice consult w/ Teej281, Jazzer and boduke (just to name a few)
4th - Short throw - MGW and Pro50 tend to be favorites

**New edges come with CAI's so if I were you, I wouldn't even waste a breath thinking about it.

Also, one of the best classified sections for mustangs can be found on corral.net.

Whatever you get, take care of it, and enjoy it!!!!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:11 PM
Blood
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the website Link, and no I didn't think you were bein a dick, I was just saying some people were. I really am having a hard time thinking black or chrome lol, if i get black car prob chrome, silver prob black. IDK LOL
Old 10-25-2010, 01:14 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Check out Smittys car....Silver GT w/ Black saleens. Looks sick.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:26 PM
Blood
2nd Gear Member

Cant find him lol.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:27 PM
tightdogal
5th Gear Member

I paid a mere 7K for my car and it had 55K miles on it when I bought it, it was also in awesome condition, the interior and the body was perfect. The only thing was that the paint on the spoiler faded a bit, but other than that the car was fine. I also paid this living in Northern VA BTW (a more expensive area)

I think you should be able to find a decent 01-04 GT with about 50K-80K miles for 6K, honestly.

ANd yea, I know I need to lower this 4x4 LOL. I noticed on the way to church how freakin high my car is. Doh!
Old 10-25-2010, 01:28 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Tighdogal...it looks like you can go mudding in that stang! Give that baby the drop she deserves!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Newby that needs help deciding.