4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Turbo guys, looking for some info.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2010, 10:56 PM
naza
2nd Gear Member

Just installed my On3 kit, no fitment issues at all man! Def. good kit for the price.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:07 PM
Bladerunner
2nd Gear Member

When purchasing a turbo kit you get what you pay for.
Why I will never purchase a On3Performance turbo kit is
because someone how works at On3Performance physically
threatened a member on the SN95 forums and I know three
people that had fitment issues and complained about poor quality
with the On3Performance turbo kit.They will never get my business!
Old 10-31-2010, 02:14 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bladerunner
The On3Performance Turbo Kit has to be the one of the worst turbo
kits on the market today.In my research I found that the On3Performance
Turbo Kit has terrible fitment and the quality is poor.
Also the customer service at On3Performance is absolutely horrible.

If your purchasing a turbo kit get a Hellion turbo kit instead.
Excellent quality and fitment and top notch customer service also.

www.hellionpowersystems.com
I know about hellion turbo, and I am actually leaning away from them due to the type of piping they use, not sure how well their piping actually puts up with daily use as it's a fairly low grade SS.
Old 10-31-2010, 03:19 AM
GTRACER88
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Aereon
Guys I am leaning more and more towards ordering an on3 setup.

The engine is entirely stock, transmission is a t56 out of a termie, IRS has 3.73's and my future goals (with a built motor and if I'll ever get there I dunno) is 500 rwhp/tq and still have it streetable/dd.

The turbo kit will be ran at relatively low psi until I can save up enough for a new motor + fuel system. I will for sure be upgrading hoses/clamps before install. The car is DD so driveability and dependability trumps power.

I am unsure of a few things;

1) Whether it will be a good idea to upgrade the turbo to the turbonetics 70mm or leave the turbo alone and purchase a 67mm?
2) Tial BOV/Wastegate (Y/N)? or other brand and why?
3) Which MAF should I look into??
4) Injector size? (again not looking for big numbers, just something dependable/reliable.)
5) Should I go for the focus fuel pump? kennebell BAP? both? (power level will most likely not be anywhere near or over 350rwhp/tq)

Last part of this is I will most likely be buying/installing the gauges first(I like the aem digital gauges). What gauges should I get (A/F wideband, boost gauge, and oil-pressure), how should I mount them? I am looking for something that is inconspicuous.

Thank you so much in advance, any info is greatly appreciated.
Your starting this all wrong. Im sure most know my opinion with On3. I would rather stay N/A or go the supercharger route than settle with that crap.

1. Its comes with a master power T70.. its an ebay turbo from Brazil. Pass. Go for the turbonetics instead if its between those two.
2. Yes.
3. MAF sensor I would get the PMAS HPX
4. 42#
5. If your not wanting over 350 then why bother with the turbo? At least 400 . Get the Ford GT Super car pump. Cheap and works well. I actually had dual cobra pumps that one day I wanted to put 2 Supercar pumps with a stage 2 modified FPDM. This would be suffice for 700 rwhp.

Those three gauges that you mentioned were the exact ones I had! Go for it. As for the gauges put them in a pod..
http://www.speedhut.com/product_deta...NUMBER-564.htm

I also have 42# injectors for sale if your interested! PM me.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:37 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GTRACER88
Your starting this all wrong. Im sure most know my opinion with On3. I would rather stay N/A or go the supercharger route than settle with that crap.

1. Its comes with a master power T70.. its an ebay turbo from Brazil. Pass. Go for the turbonetics instead if its between those two.
2. Yes.
3. MAF sensor I would get the PMAS HPX
4. 42#
5. If your not wanting over 350 then why bother with the turbo? At least 400 . Get the Ford GT Super car pump. Cheap and works well. I actually had dual cobra pumps that one day I wanted to put 2 Supercar pumps with a stage 2 modified FPDM. This would be suffice for 700 rwhp.

Those three gauges that you mentioned were the exact ones I had! Go for it. As for the gauges put them in a pod..
http://www.speedhut.com/product_deta...NUMBER-564.htm

I also have 42# injectors for sale if your interested! PM me.
will take into consideration, ty.

I am thinking instead of an AEM a/f to go with an Innovate A/F 3827 gauge, and wire it so it can read both banks seperately.