4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Tinted the tail lights on the stang *PICS inside*

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2010, 09:12 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
Two things:

Budders - Looks GREAT bro. I really like it on your car.

Secondly, Kugz - Is that a Cobra?
thanks man!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:14 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Default @ amoosenamedhank

That is the COOLEST mazda.. 6?-I have ever seen! Man the car looks so sleek, u got a good thing going there man. Is it the speed series? Cause the 6's speed version seems so similar to its regular counterpart.
Old 11-08-2010, 10:32 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

Moose i love your speed6 dude... I would trade my car in a heartbeat for one of those!

Budders - the lights look pretty good. nice job
Old 11-09-2010, 06:32 AM
budders
4th Gear Member

Thanks hp!
Old 11-09-2010, 07:59 AM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

Not gonna lie Budders, I think it looks terrible. I'm a fan of tinting headlights/tail lights but the quality looks really crappy. I have some friends that have used VHT and theirs looks like crap as well. Don't get me wrong, I love the concept, but I think it should just be professionally done.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:14 AM
budders
4th Gear Member

I think it should be done proffesionally too but the flat black on the green is really growing on me
Old 11-09-2010, 08:23 AM
amoosenamedhank
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by aaquib1992
That is the COOLEST mazda.. 6?-I have ever seen! Man the car looks so sleek, u got a good thing going there man. Is it the speed series? Cause the 6's speed version seems so similar to its regular counterpart.
Yes, it's a Speed6, it's just debaged. I felt the same way you did before I got one, there are differences but they are some what subtle.

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
Moose i love your speed6 dude... I would trade my car in a heartbeat for one of those
Thanks man! It's not as murdered out now, the badges/exhaust surrounds are back to the stock ones and the wheels are polished now. But got to keep things changing.

Originally Posted by budders
I think it should be done proffesionally too but the flat black on the green is really growing on me
I love my professional finish but that's because I wanted the high gloss shine. I agree with you, the matte contrast on your green actually looks decent.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:05 AM
budders
4th Gear Member

Kinda wanna makes me get matte bullts or fr500s lol
Old 11-09-2010, 03:37 PM
hpwrestler220
6th Gear Member

I like your lights because of the matte finish... It actually looks good on your color. I would of course go darker with the tint, but you guys know me by now.

I'm all about the gloss finish myself. That's why i got mine professionally done. But my color is different than yours... Plus if i had to pay to have my lights done, it prob would have been another story.
Old 11-09-2010, 04:11 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by hpwrestler220
I like your lights because of the matte finish... It actually looks good on your color. I would of course go darker with the tint, but you guys know me by now.

I'm all about the gloss finish myself. That's why i got mine professionally done. But my color is different than yours... Plus if i had to pay to have my lights done, it prob would have been another story.
yeah dude thanks! it really grew on me i love it. i think im getting a black out panel for the back.. im debating weather to go with gloss or matte. im kinda diggin the matte and itd be sweet if i could keep that theme goin ya know?

Quick Reply: Tinted the tail lights on the stang *PICS inside*