4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Cross country rally?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 05:58 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Default Cross country rally?

Has anyone ever thought about entering something like the Cannonball Run? I used to run in the import and tuner scene and bought a couple of the documentary movies that are prevalent in the import scene and the one producer actually is based out of Rockville, MD and they had a documentary of their experience on the Cannonball Run Europe. Ever since I saw that video of the journey, it makes me want to go out there and do it! Anyone else ever think about doing a race/trip like this?

Last edited by teej281; 12-10-2010 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:15 PM
SnakeConvert98
1st Gear Member

I would love to do the Bull Run !! First one was won by a Shelby Super Snake !
Old 12-09-2010, 07:24 PM
tdcalhoun89
4th Gear Member

This is my life long dream... I just don't have the money or the time to do it

I love the idea and the videos that come from the cannonball run:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzdgnETSJmE
I'd totally get arrested
Old 12-09-2010, 07:34 PM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

I would love to, but don't have the $$ for it.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:46 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Never saw the point. It's like street racing, but spread out. We have race tracks all over. No need to act like that on a public roadway.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:07 PM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Its not the racing part dude. Its about being a part of something like this. I dont know if you've ever seen any documentaries of something like this, but its more about having a spirited drive cross continent/country, not racing. The one from Cannonball Run Europe that I have there was high way, back roads, mountain passes, everything. Its also about seeing cars that you usually would never see like ferraris and lambos and skylines. Real rare stuff. Plus you get to see the scenery, meet people from all over the world, and its just an awesome experience to go through. Plus the entrance fee you pay covers your room(5 Star accomodations the whole way), breakfast and dinner, tolls, almost everything besides tickets, gas, tires, and lunch(if you stop...lol). Also includes all the track day rentals and events that are on the way.

Its a heck of a lot more than just "street racing".
Old 12-09-2010, 09:32 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
Its not the racing part dude. Its about being a part of something like this. I dont know if you've ever seen any documentaries of something like this, but its more about having a spirited drive cross continent/country, not racing. The one from Cannonball Run Europe that I have there was high way, back roads, mountain passes, everything. Its also about seeing cars that you usually would never see like ferraris and lambos and skylines. Real rare stuff. Plus you get to see the scenery, meet people from all over the world, and its just an awesome experience to go through. Plus the entrance fee you pay covers your room(5 Star accomodations the whole way), breakfast and dinner, tolls, almost everything besides tickets, gas, tires, and lunch(if you stop...lol). Also includes all the track day rentals and events that are on the way.

Its a heck of a lot more than just "street racing".

damn teej this sounds very enticing. id definitively be interested if it was over the summer. id also have to see how much $$ id hafta fork out for a entry ticket.. get purp up in this bitch
Old 12-09-2010, 10:00 PM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Its like $10,000 for the cannonball europe, I just checked. It says the price covers all sea crossings, but it doesn't cover the cost of getting to europe and back does it?
Old 12-09-2010, 10:17 PM
budders
4th Gear Member

haaaa, doubt it. so the europeans would all get discounts? id go over there, rent a ****kin super car and do it that way.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:22 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

this would deffinetly be insane to do especially if you had a group of friends do it with you

Quick Reply: Cross country rally?