4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

New dyno numbers :/

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 08:29 AM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
hopefully you found the problem with it, no doubt something was up. I personally know sxynerd and there's no way he'd eff you over on the cams, so I'd throw that possability out the window. get that boost up to 13/14 and rev that bitch! then the power will be there .
Yea I have no doubt he wouldn't screw me over. Only possibility is that he got N/A cams from cushman and didn't know it. Do you remember how much power he was putting down?
Old 01-21-2011, 08:33 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

I think he was in the 600's actually. It might have been that he was using a bigger blower than you were though too. I know Jivepepper was making just at the 600rwhp mark with the same blower you have overspinning it with h/c/i using the TFS manifold I believe. Maybe look up some of what he was doing. I think he also had methanol injection and intercooler too.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:35 AM
jvog
5th Gear Member

I can't edit my post on my phone, but just to add....that's even only a slim possibility
Old 01-21-2011, 08:36 AM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by teej281
I think he was in the 600's actually. It might have been that he was using a bigger blower than you were though too. I know Jivepepper was making just at the 600rwhp mark with the same blower you have overspinning it with h/c/i using the TFS manifold I believe. Maybe look up some of what he was doing. I think he also had methanol injection and intercooler too.
Jive was on the stock manifold making like 598 rwhp. I think he may have switched to the TF later on though
Old 01-21-2011, 08:47 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...ustang-gt.html

http://www.reichardracing.com/pulleys.php

The first is a thread by jive with mods list and some video footage. He was using an 8 rib setup with a 2.8" pulley and an 18% overdrive crank pulley to make 16.5psi and tuned to 598/531.

The power/torque ratio is there for the power level, but both should still be much higher for you jvog. I'd suggest doing an 8-rib swap and getting one of those RR pulleys for the SC. Might help.

Good luck!
Old 01-21-2011, 08:51 AM
jvog
5th Gear Member

https://mustangforums.com/forum/memb...ustang-gt.html

http://www.reichardracing.com/pulleys.php

The first is a thread by jive with mods list and some video footage. He was using an 8 rib setup with a 2.8" pulley and an 18% overdrive crank pulley to make 16.5psi and tuned to 598/531.

The power/torque ratio is there for the power level, but both should still be much higher for you jvog. I'd suggest doing an 8-rib swap and getting one of those RR pulleys for the SC. Might help.

Good luck!
Thanks for the links. Switching to an 8 rib setup is one of my last options. My current numbers should be higher so I'd like to figure out why before upgrading my setup
Old 01-21-2011, 09:39 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Have you at least checked for belt slip? I mean with a 2.8 pulley, 18% overdrive crank pulley, similar hci setup jive was making 6.5psi more than you are. So .07" smaller pulley and I'm guessing another 4-5psi from the overdrive pulley, your boost isn't far off fr what it should be, looking from a numbers standpoint. Who degreed the cams when you got the h/c setup shipped in? Could the cams have moved out of degree in shipping? Was the valvetrain checked when you got the package? Just throwing some ideas out there man.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:57 AM
jvog
5th Gear Member

Have you at least checked for belt slip? I mean with a 2.8 pulley, 18% overdrive crank pulley, similar hci setup jive was making 6.5psi more than you are. So .07" smaller pulley and I'm guessing another 4-5psi from the overdrive pulley, your boost isn't far off fr what it should be, looking from a numbers standpoint. Who degreed the cams when you got the h/c setup shipped in? Could the cams have moved out of degree in shipping? Was the valvetrain checked when you got the package? Just throwing some ideas out there man.
matt checked for belt slip. I also took my long block to him and had him degree my cams and set my timing
Old 01-21-2011, 11:59 AM
teej281
4.6L Section Moderator

Fair enough
Old 01-21-2011, 07:52 PM
Mustang_NTriangle
5th Gear Member

u would see belt slipage in his dyno graph as it would jump down/up when slippage occurs.

Quick Reply: New dyno numbers :/