4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

The snowball effect...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2011, 03:28 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Default The snowball effect...

Figure this could be a fun thing to talk about. How many of you guys have started a project that was supposed to be easy, small, and fun only to have it snowball into some great conquest of a project? What was the project? How'd it come out? Why'd it snowball? Stories/pics would be awesome!! Go....
Old 02-17-2011, 04:04 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Well an easy one that comes to mind is my mustang. Over my winter break, I was planning on only changing the lca's & then waiting until spring to do springs, shocks, and struts. Well I had some difficulties w/ the 10.9 bolts (had to order a new pair) and in the waiting process for those to come in i decided since I was already in there w/ the lca's that i'd save myself time later on. So I went out and got the bullitt supsension pack. Installed that in addition to the lca's (love em). But when I was underneath my car putting back on the rear sway bar, it dawned on me that my fuel filter hasn't been changed in like 40K. So i decided that too needed to be changed. (SPEED UP TIME) I just changed that late last weekend. So when I was on AM picking up my fuel filter I noticed the a Swarr Bar 8.8in Rear Support. (Started a thread about it) Now either next week or the week after I shall be ordering it & installing it

EDIT: TO be continued.....
Old 02-17-2011, 04:21 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Haha. Sonic. It's still snowballing on you!!! Sounds like its all worth it though! Good luck finishin it, haha.
Old 02-17-2011, 06:34 PM
BraMas
5th Gear Member

Mine all started when I bought the 96 off ebay 8hrs away from my house. I bought the car to fix and turn around and make a profit because in the auction description it said "new rebuilt motor just needs put in car" The pictures where all of the good and none of the bad and no mention of the bad.
Drive 8hrs to get it only to find the driver door full of bondo, and while the car was covered in dust they had recently painted a car next to it so all the over spray had settled on the car and made the paint feel like 800 grit sand paper. and it had 4 severely beat to hell stock rims on it. but I said f it and brought it home anyway.
Get it home put the engine in and it wont start. Come to find out when they reassembled the engine they forgot to put on the Crank Timing sprocket ( the thing the crank sensor reads to know what part of the rotation the crank is in)
Get that put on and get it started and it sounds like crap so I do a compression test and find a dead cylinder. pull the motor back out and find the spot where a connecting rod had went through the block and the rednecks tried fixing it with JB weld. That is why there is a 4V in there now. Needles to say I was way over budget on making any $ so I had to keep it and had to sell my mint condition 85 Black GT.
and don't get me started on the Free 04 IRS that turned into a $1300 swap. I could keep going but I hate long posts
Old 02-17-2011, 06:40 PM
kugzgt
5th Gear Member

lol that sucks bramas. i must say that ur whip looks sick now.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:42 PM
bopiela
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by kugzgt
lol that sucks bramas. i must say that ur whip looks sick now.

That is def a bad snowball... Seems like things have worked out alright though...

I think I'm going to have one with my rear seat... Just not sure how I wanna delete it....
Old 02-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Blk003GT
4th Gear Member

ohh lets see my current turbo project.
Old 02-18-2011, 04:54 AM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Well lets see. I guess i could use my daily gt as mine. I planned on keeping the car completely stock besides just putting a full exhaust on and gears. Put on the exhaust and put in the gears and look at my sig now. Thats all for the daily and all been bought within the past month and a half.... procharged, mmr 4.75L shortblock, all the other shiz, theres even more stuff im not even going to bother adding into that. Worst part about it is my other 04 gt 4v kb project and my 04 v6 to 5.4 project havent even been finished yet. I need to get my priorities straight........ lmfao.
Old 02-18-2011, 08:23 AM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

I guess i could say when i got my car. When i got it i planned on doing window tint, exhaust and a chip, but now i have a sct handheld, cms stage one N/A cams, CAI, TB, and plenum. And i still havent stopped i am waiting on my winter build to take off. I am really excited about my winter build.
Old 02-18-2011, 09:08 AM
Blk003GT
4th Gear Member

Winters almost done

Quick Reply: The snowball effect...