4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

LCA's

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 06:54 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tbirdscwd
CHE poly/derlin lowers. That is what I would do if I were you.
took the words right out of my mouth. reading thru this whole thread i was thinking che the whole time and then on the last post here comes you lol.

but yeah i suggest che for good 60's and yet good streetability. the delrin bushing are in the middle between poly bushings which have been known to eff up your torque boxes, and the sphericals which are known to be noisier(not an issue in a weekend/track car but it is in a dd). I just went with the che's and paid about 160 shipped. go to their page and there's a link in the description telling how to get a discount.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:54 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Okay tbird and greddy, in a nut shell can you tell me why CHE would be better than TeamZ? I just checked out their site, and their LCA's look interesting, but what am i looking at here? You have to remember that i'm basically a newbie to suspension stuff lol. What do they specifically have that makes them better than something like a TeamZ LCA?

Ctgreddy, are you saying that CHE's won't eff up my torque boxes, and won't be as noisy as other LCA's? Or do i have thar backwards?
Old 02-19-2011, 09:58 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

I went with a full team Z setup this winter, the double adjustable lowers with sway bar mounts fo for 209$ and the adjustable uppers with the spherical bushings and relocation brackets go for $400.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:12 PM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

i would just go with MM extreme duty LCAs and not worry about any issues, but since i am trying to find an IRS it doesn't affect me
Old 02-19-2011, 10:34 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Okay tbird and greddy, in a nut shell can you tell me why CHE would be better than TeamZ? I just checked out their site, and their LCA's look interesting, but what am i looking at here? You have to remember that i'm basically a newbie to suspension stuff lol. What do they specifically have that makes them better than something like a TeamZ LCA?

Ctgreddy, are you saying that CHE's won't eff up my torque boxes, and won't be as noisy as other LCA's? Or do i have thar backwards?
In my opinion, teamz/baseline products are THE BEST for drag purposes. I had team z lowers on my '95, only reason i didn't go with them on my '00 is it's a dd and the lowers creeked a lot. In my eyes the che is better in my case. i want something that's good at drag and still retains great streetability and doesn't make any noise. I heard great things about their lowers so that's what i went with.

and as for that second paragraph, you've got it right. straight poly bushings are known to eff up torque boxes. and lca's with spherical bushings are known to be noisy. the che's bushing design is in the middle of these and i can not wait to try it out.
Old 02-19-2011, 10:58 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
In my opinion, teamz/baseline products are THE BEST for drag purposes. I had team z lowers on my '95, only reason i didn't go with them on my '00 is it's a dd and the lowers creeked a lot. In my eyes the che is better in my case. i want something that's good at drag and still retains great streetability and doesn't make any noise. I heard great things about their lowers so that's what i went with.

and as for that second paragraph, you've got it right. straight poly bushings are known to eff up torque boxes. and lca's with spherical bushings are known to be noisy. the che's bushing design is in the middle of these and i can not wait to try it out.
These sound more up my ally to be honest. So these are suppose to be very durable and strong as well? The way you describe these make them sound more like the ultimate street/strip setup rather than pure hardcore strip ones. If that's correct, then that's exactly what i'm looking for.

Is there really any downside to running these? I mean i'm not really a corner carver or an all out hardcore dragracer, but i do want better straight line traction on the street and strip.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:02 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
These sound more up my ally to be honest. So these are suppose to be very durable and strong as well? The way you describe these make them sound more like the ultimate street/strip setup rather than pure hardcore strip ones. If that's correct, then that's exactly what i'm looking for.

Is there really any downside to running these? I mean i'm not really a corner carver or an all out hardcore dragracer, but i do want better straight line traction on the street and strip.
yes you're correct. there's nothing wrong with a spherical bushing control arm on the street other than the noise that is usually associated with them.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:14 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Awesome! I appreciate you and tbird pointing these out to me.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:32 PM
sonicx
speed'n

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
yes you're correct. there's nothing wrong with a spherical bushing control arm on the street other than the noise that is usually associated with them.
This is a big deal breaker imo... you don't want something that rattles when you hit a bummpy stretch of pavement, i've learn that the hard way lol mainly cuz it's more for DD you said than anything.
Old 02-19-2011, 11:46 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by sonicx
This is a big deal breaker imo... you don't want something that rattles when you hit a bummpy stretch of pavement, i've learn that the hard way lol mainly cuz it's more for DD you said than anything.
exactly why i went with the che lowers over the teamz's for my dd. i dont want any creeking or squeeking. it wasn't a big deal on my '95 as it was a weekend/track car.

Quick Reply: LCA's