4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

What head units you guys using?

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 05:59 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

I think i could deal with it, I generally just put my ipod in the cup holder so i have easy access to it haha. if i ran it up to the glovebox i'd probably still see the cord coming out of the glovebox going up to the top of the dash to a holder for the ipod, unless i got the remote.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:19 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by antiv6
the only downside is you plug the ipod into the front of the 3200 so you see the cable going to it instead of hiding it in the glovebox
I don't think it's that big of a deal either honestly
Old 04-05-2011, 06:22 PM
PoisonIvy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gt04
I'm looking to incorporate a new head unit into my mach sound system. I'm curious what you guys that have done this are using in your cars. My main thing i need is an aux port so i can hook my ipod in, tired of that fuzzy bull**** fm transmitter. I have looked into a few options like splicing in a aux but i haven't found any that don't have me iffy yet. What are you guys using?
You PROBABLY already understand this, but I thought I'd clear it up incase you don't... FORGET an AUX input. (the small plug that looks like a headphone jack). The only way to go is either USB (with a proper ipod cord), or with the direct hook up to the back of the unit.

I have an Alpine 9886 with the cord in the glovebox. The headunit and remote control the ipod. (So you don't need it in a cupholder, controlling it manually.)

Sorry if you already knew about this. I'm surprised by how many people I know are amazed to see my ipod in the glovebox.
Old 04-05-2011, 06:41 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by PoisonIvy
You PROBABLY already understand this, but I thought I'd clear it up incase you don't... FORGET an AUX input. (the small plug that looks like a headphone jack). The only way to go is either USB (with a proper ipod cord), or with the direct hook up to the back of the unit.

I have an Alpine 9886 with the cord in the glovebox. The headunit and remote control the ipod. (So you don't need it in a cupholder, controlling it manually.)

Sorry if you already knew about this. I'm surprised by how many people I know are amazed to see my ipod in the glovebox.
I completely disagree but you are entitled to your opinion...
Old 04-05-2011, 06:49 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by PoisonIvy

i would prefer a double din over a single just so i dont have to find a filler for the gap though. The pioneer has aux + usb so thats a double win in my book lol.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:03 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

just bought the p3200, will be delivered by the 12th and installed before I'm home. Thanks all
Old 04-05-2011, 07:04 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

www.crutchfield.com is the best site for car audio...
Old 04-05-2011, 07:08 PM
darkstarnes
2nd Gear Member

I have an Alpine dont remember which one exactly but it works great for me.... It's compatible with my Ipod so I can change songs with the head unit instead of having to grab the ipod and search through there.... and it recharges the Ipod as well...
and in MY opinion I dont see why you need a DVD player in your car..... I dont know when will you have the chance to drive and watch a movie... those head units only bring more temptations to burglars....
Old 04-05-2011, 07:09 PM
HasABetterSN
3rd Gear Member

I've got the Pioneer DEH-P4200, and love it. Its not double din, but I put a little shelf on top of it. I just wired up an external hard drive to it thats hidden in the glove box, with all my musics.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:10 PM
PoisonIvy
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
I completely disagree but you are entitled to your opinion...
Really?! (no offense taken) Why?

Quick Reply: What head units you guys using?