4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

dyno results

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 09:10 PM
gears94gt
3rd Gear Member

Default dyno results

took the car to dyno this afternoon after finishing the final little details, boost and wide band gauges and had to wait for the tuner to come to my friend shop to give me a basic tune so i would be able to take the car to the dyno. had a total of four with the last two been the best.
final run was 416 rwhp/ 426rwtq at 6000rpm and still pulling, mind you guys it was extremely hot and humid inside the dyno shop. guy said the car will pick up another 20 to 25 hp with better temperatures. i am extremely happy with the results and for all of you with mhs stage 1 or stage 2 cams definitely no problems at all.
mods are v-3 vortech supercharge/ custom fmic , turbo smart bov, 42lbs injectors, 255 lph fuel pump, also i used the fuel pump provided by vortech, fuel regulator, in fender airaid filter form upr, and dyno tune. i will post the dyno video tomorrow or monday. btw i replaced the regular bulbs from my dash and gauges and replaced them with blue l.e.d bulbs, let me know what you think.
printer ran out of red ink that is why it does not show the complete graph, rpm power graph and air fuel, have it on video though
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RflA6...yer_detailpage

Last edited by gears94gt; 07-30-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:22 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

What size pulley? Im hoping for similar numbers with my. We have very similar setups.
Old 07-30-2011, 09:31 PM
gears94gt
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by dwtjr3
What size pulley? Im hoping for similar numbers with my. We have very similar setups.
2.62 pulley, 14 lbs
Old 07-30-2011, 09:57 PM
sn95_331_GT_ yellow
5th Gear Member

what do you have for a BOV?

i love that ones sound!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 10:10 PM
gears94gt
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sn95_331_GT_ yellow
what do you have for a BOV?

i love that ones sound!!!
came with the kit, its a turbosmart bov.

http://www.turbosmartonline.com/images/4665.jpg
Old 07-30-2011, 10:14 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Very nice! I'm glad to see that there was no issues with those cams. This makes me feel a lot better when it comes time for me to slap on a Vortech.

I realize the numbers are a tad low due to the temp and whatnot, but having your torque higher than your horsepower is very impressive...especially with cams and a centrifugal blower.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:25 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Very nice! I'm glad to see that there was no issues with those cams. This makes me feel a lot better when it comes time for me to slap on a Vortech.

I realize the numbers are a tad low due to the temp and whatnot, but having your torque higher than your horsepower is very impressive...especially with cams and a centrifugal blower.
Don't you dare slap on a vortech, kenne bell has always been the plan and always will be! Don't give up the goal and settle, you'll end up just like I did and go through 2 centri blowers hate it and get the kb which was the plan from the start lol.
Old 07-30-2011, 10:33 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Gt04
Don't you dare slap on a vortech, kenne bell has always been the plan and always will be! Don't give up the goal and settle, you'll end up just like I did and go through 2 centri blowers hate it and get the kb which was the plan from the start lol.
Haha no i know, i really would prefer a Kenne Bell, but the way things seem to be going for me i'll never get a damn blower...especially a KB lol. That and the fact that i just did these cams not too long ago, and if i have a snowballs chance in hell of successfully running these cams with some sort of boost, it will be from a centrifugal and not a twin screw unfortunately.

I totally agree with what you're saying, it's just that i'm impatient and want a blower NOW lol!!!
Old 07-30-2011, 10:48 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by gears94gt
2.62 pulley, 14 lbs
Man I got a 3.33" I am thinking I should be 10lbs. I hoping for atleast 400 rwhp
Old 07-30-2011, 10:50 PM
Gt04
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Haha no i know, i really would prefer a Kenne Bell, but the way things seem to be going for me i'll never get a damn blower...especially a KB lol. That and the fact that i just did these cams not too long ago, and if i have a snowballs chance in hell of successfully running these cams with some sort of boost, it will be from a centrifugal and not a twin screw unfortunately.

I totally agree with what you're saying, it's just that i'm impatient and want a blower NOW lol!!!
Buy mine! Ill upgrade to the 2.6, there's one on svtp for sale right now!

Quick Reply: dyno results