4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

upr question ??

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 06:59 AM
scott4.6
2nd Gear Member

Default upr question ??

I have been looking at all the k members and i keep looking at the complete upr set up.does anyone here have upr products on their car? I just like to know how you like it and what you dont like about it. So please , i would love to see your alls reveiws on this. I really would like to order the complete front kit, and the rear kit also. thank you.
Old 10-01-2011, 01:41 AM
KillJoy
3rd Gear Member

I have some upr stuff on my car, no complaints. Alot of nmra guys run upr products as well
Old 10-01-2011, 03:35 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KillJoy
I have some upr stuff on my car, no complaints. Alot of nmra guys run upr products as well
Yep! UPR Products has earned many championships...

Obviously, I'm slightly biased toward UPR (I work there) but since the question is "does anyone here have upr products on their car? I just like to know how you like it and what you dont like about it." I'll tell you my UPR story and you can take it for whatever it's worth to you.

Back in 2002 I started building a '92 notch for NMRA Real Street competition. Although I had owned and built many Mustangs before that one, it was my first serious build. I looked at what the NMRA guys were running and saw that UPR suspension was priced lower than most of its competitors, but the cars running UPR suspension were as fast or faster than most of their competitors.

I ordered the UPR Pro Series rear suspension and since I didn't have an angle checker, I just matched the control arms to the same length as the factory arms I removed, then I headed to the track. The first time out, the car went a 1.39 60' time on 26x10s with a T-5 trans. I was MORE than satisfied.

Since then, I've tried UPR's suspension, CAIs, UPR/SCT Tuner, several different UPR shifters, exhaust, billet goodies, etc. I have been happy with all of these UPR parts I've tried. If anything, I'd say that although our parts may not be the flashiest super-hyped parts on the market, they DO work really well, they are priced below most of our competitors, they are Made in America, and they have a lifetime guarantee. (I should mention that MF members are entitled to a 10% discount on our web store, using the discount code)

My latest project-in-progress is an 8-second True Street car, and of course, I went with UPR Pro Series Xtreme Duty suspension. There is no room for error on that car, but I know the suspension will do exactly what it needs to do!
Old 10-01-2011, 07:32 PM
scott4.6
2nd Gear Member

whats the discount code?
Old 10-01-2011, 09:06 PM
darkshadow03gt
2nd Gear Member

I knew nothing about this discount code!!
Old 10-02-2011, 02:00 AM
KillJoy
3rd Gear Member

Yeah I had no idea about a discount code, upr should have advertised this a bit more
Old 10-02-2011, 07:43 AM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

they have a discount on quality too. check out the DOHC turbo build thread. his K-member didn't fit right, the A-Arms didn't fit right and the coil-overs wont work with his CC plates. I personally know 3 people that made the mistake and got UPR suspension. one dude put everything on his car, we were driving about 30 mph on post a few das later and the right LCA snapped. he was told he had too much power, car was not taken to the track with UPR stuff and we lived on an Army post, meaning 35 mph was the speed limit everywhere. another buddy put a K-member and front suspension on his Fox body. on his way to the track his front A-arm snapped and he ended up under a truck. a friend here just got a K member from them for his Cobra and it didnt even come close to fitting, it was a full 2 inches off center and the left side was 1 inch forward of the right side. the engine wouldn't even fit. go with MM and spend a few more dollars, because you will only have to spend it once.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:51 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by scott4.6
whats the discount code?
Originally Posted by darkshadow03gt
I knew nothing about this discount code!!
Originally Posted by KillJoy
Yeah I had no idea about a discount code, upr should have advertised this a bit more
I just PMed you guys the discount code. The reason you all haven't heard more about it is because we just started sponsoring this forum. We'll work on getting the word out more. Anyway, the discount code gives you a 10% discount on parts we manufacture. It's a courtesy we extend to members of the forums we sponsor.

Originally Posted by turbo232
they have a discount on quality too. check out the DOHC turbo build thread. his K-member didn't fit right, the A-Arms didn't fit right and the coil-overs wont work with his CC plates... a friend here just got a K member from them for his Cobra and it didnt even come close to fitting, it was a full 2 inches off center and the left side was 1 inch forward of the right side. the engine wouldn't even fit.
I have friends that have trouble installing performance parts too.

Originally Posted by turbo232
I personally know 3 people that made the mistake and got UPR suspension. one dude put everything on his car, we were driving about 30 mph on post a few das later and the right LCA snapped. he was told he had too much power, car was not taken to the track with UPR stuff and we lived on an Army post, meaning 35 mph was the speed limit everywhere. another buddy put a K-member and front suspension on his Fox body. on his way to the track his front A-arm snapped and he ended up under a truck.
With all due respect, I've watched our suspension run 7s in the quarter mile on the drag strip and I have used it in my own cars, even the cars my children ride in, for nearly a decade with no problems whatsoever. I'm not saying your stories are made up. I am saying there must be more to these stories.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:02 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

I purchased my front end kit from UPR and have no complaints at all, My kit came with a QA1 k frame (same as the upr, made by same manufacturer) UPR tubular a-arms, UPR coilovers with eibach 175lbs. I'm also running UPR 4 bolt caster camber plates and a steeda bump steer. Everything fit perfect and still going strong. I would recommend it.
Old 10-03-2011, 05:55 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

I think if UPR ever went public on the exchange that turbo would sell all his assets and put all of his money into UPR's stock.

Quick Reply: upr question ??