4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Considering Trading My 2002 Z28 for a GT Plus Cash. Give Opinions Here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 01:16 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

If it makes ya happy, do it
Old 02-11-2012, 01:20 PM
TwitchZ28

Originally Posted by lizzyfan
If it makes ya happy, do it
If I knew exactly what I wanted here I would just do it lol and not be making threads.

I am really conflicted and not sure what I want. Both options are awesome.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:35 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TwitchZ28
Wow these really aren't the responses I was expecting on mustang forums...

Yes I would be in the same boat...but the boat is cool.
I am deciding between a nice muscle car vs a slightly less nice muscle car + a motorcycle.

You guys really think this is a bad choice in my situation?
I dont think its a bad choice to trade for both bc you are going from one toy to two toys for the same price. And 309 to the wheel on that stang whatever has been done to it isnt that bad at all since stock they will put down like 230 to the wheel. Whats been done to the bottom end on that stang to your knowledge. I say do it if you want to do it bc that stang is nice but that camaro does respond Alot better to boltons than th 2v. that may be why some ppl are saying what they are saying. two for one i say do it and dont look back.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:43 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Wow these really aren't the responses I was expecting on mustang forums...

Yes I would be in the same boat...but the boat is cool.
I am deciding between a nice muscle car vs a slightly less nice muscle car + a motorcycle.

You guys really think this is a bad choice in my situation?
So you hoped coming to a Mustang board everyone would be like "zomg yes trade, that's just a nice Mustang...omg it has cams and made 309whp"

You could keep the Z28, save a few dollars and finish your cam install and you'd make that Mustang look like it's a V6.

You made this thread having no idea what you want so what are we supposed to do for you? If you really are tight on money like you say you are you should sell your Z28 and buy a $500 Honda until you can afford a toy car.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:50 PM
TwitchZ28

Originally Posted by WannaBeGearHead
So you hoped coming to a Mustang board everyone would be like "zomg yes trade, that's just a nice Mustang...omg it has cams and made 309whp"

You could keep the Z28, save a few dollars and finish your cam install and you'd make that Mustang look like it's a V6.

You made this thread having no idea what you want so what are we supposed to do for you? If you really are tight on money like you say you are you should sell your Z28 and buy a $500 Honda until you can afford a toy car.
It's not that...I was just making this thread to see if people can point out something about the car or the deal that I didn't see possibly.

I'm at a point where I just don't have EXTRA income. I have enough to maintain having a sports car but I won't have the $900 dollars for the install and tune of the cam for quite some time. The GT allows me to still have a fun stylish car and have a bike as well. Plus the GT is done and needs nothing. Mine really could use a tune even without the cam being done...the converter is really steep to run untuned.

I was just expecting more people to prefer the mustang in this being a mustang forum and all. I was sort of hoping you guys would show me reasons to do it and the ls1tech guys would show me the reasons not too(outside of the obvious ones).

Financially I have no need to downgrade to an eco car or lose my performance vehicle. Just looking for the better fit for me until I am out of college(won't have college debt when I graduate. Thank you U.S. Army) so at that point I can sell off the z28 or the mustang and really get serious with my hobby.

For the next few years being in college do I want a great car or a slightly less great car and a bike too. That's where I am at.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:50 PM
MCxQubed
5th Gear Member

i think it comes down to if you want the bike to be honest. the mustang looks nice and all and it dynoed at 309 so thats not horrible, but youre really not gonna go much further than what its at without f/i. the camaro can be made a beast and destroy a mustang with the stuff you already have. its whatever you want to do really

edit: I also dont really like how camaros look so that plays a bit of a factor why i like mustangs, but camaros have so much potential performance wise than mustangs

Last edited by MCxQubed; 02-11-2012 at 01:53 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:53 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

If I knew exactly what I wanted here I would just do it lol and not be making threads.

I am really conflicted and not sure what I want. Both options are awesome.
If i were you I would find out Exactly everything that has been done to that satng and make sure you see the dyno sheet and decide from there bc that is a nice a$$ pic and with th miles you listed thats on the replacement motor its damn near new. Just get a good look at the paperwork to back what he's?she is claiming as far as miles and power and find out WHY they are getting rid of it and go from there. if it was me i would do it unless you have some kind of deep attachment to your f body. So I would do it Its 2 for 1 with one being used but new(the car) but it has to be what you want to do. Go take it for a good test drive and decide from there.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:54 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MCxQubed

edit: I also dont really like how camaros look so that plays a bit of a factor why i like mustangs, but camaros have so much potential performance wise than mustangs
Agreed!
Old 02-11-2012, 02:05 PM
TwitchZ28

Originally Posted by Rockwell28
If i were you I would find out Exactly everything that has been done to that satng and make sure you see the dyno sheet and decide from there bc that is a nice a$$ pic and with th miles you listed thats on the replacement motor its damn near new. Just get a good look at the paperwork to back what he's?she is claiming as far as miles and power and find out WHY they are getting rid of it and go from there. if it was me i would do it unless you have some kind of deep attachment to your f body. So I would do it Its 2 for 1 with one being used but new(the car) but it has to be what you want to do. Go take it for a good test drive and decide from there.
He is a good friend of mine so I know the build is legitimate. I have been around the car quite a bit. The dyno sheet is legitimate as well.

he really just wants to go fast...and as has been said there is much more potential for performance on an f-body. Any mine is a great platform to start on. It's low miles, all supporting mods for h/c is already taken care of, trans is built, etc. So for him it's a good deal to step into my car and not have to buy a car and start fresh with the build.

He also used to have a car that looked exactly like mine so nostalgia has a hold of him a bit as well haha.

I know this car has been built correctly and no expense spared...everything on that mod list is completely legit.

I do have a great attachment to my f-body, but not enough that I feel I have to keep it no matter what.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:52 PM
Fillerdust
2nd Gear Member

Um the mustang is yellow! No question trade.lol

Seriously, that is a hard choice. The only thing I really see is that I think the camaro would hold its value better. But shifting your own gears is so much more fun.

Quick Reply: Considering Trading My 2002 Z28 for a GT Plus Cash. Give Opinions Here!