4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Considering Trading My 2002 Z28 for a GT Plus Cash. Give Opinions Here!

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TwitchZ28
He is a good friend of mine so I know the build is legitimate. I have been around the car quite a bit. The dyno sheet is legitimate as well.

he really just wants to go fast...and as has been said there is much more potential for performance on an f-body. Any mine is a great platform to start on. It's low miles, all supporting mods for h/c is already taken care of, trans is built, etc. So for him it's a good deal to step into my car and not have to buy a car and start fresh with the build.

He also used to have a car that looked exactly like mine so nostalgia has a hold of him a bit as well haha.

I know this car has been built correctly and no expense spared...everything on that mod list is completely legit.

I do have a great attachment to my f-body, but not enough that I feel I have to keep it no matter what.
All of that being said and what you stated in your first posting as far as what you're looking for I say do it. And IMO the stang is quite comfortable. Comfortable and fun enought to make 2000 round trip miles in it at least twice a year in mine. The only f body i have been in is an 02 T/A it was powerful but it was a different feeling ride also should be Very similar to the z/28 i guess. I would do it but its up to you bud.

What are they telling you over on ls1 tech?
Old 02-11-2012, 05:40 PM
TwitchZ28

Originally Posted by Rockwell28
What are they telling you over on ls1 tech?
They're very confused. The good members of ls1tech are really closed minded and only understand speed and power. they are very very good at giving advice on how to be as fast as possible and dominate the street. They are not however that good at giving advice on comfort and what not. They don't care much for mustangs(outside of terminators...they love those) simply because they're slower.

I just went and fired up my z for the first time in 2 months(it's winter here) and I really do miss it. It would be really hard to let it go.

Someone on tech convinced me that tyler and I should trade cars for a week and see how we both feel about it before actually trading. I actually really love this idea. I will see how he feels about it.

I also found out I could run a frost mail order tune with my cam and save myself 300 dollars so install and tune would be 600 total instead of 900...which is almost manageable. It would take some time but I would have my 400whp car...which is exciting.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:21 PM
kast1376
3rd Gear Member

They're very confused. The good members of ls1tech are really closed minded and only understand speed and power. they are very very good at giving advice on how to be as fast as possible and dominate the street. They are not however that good at giving advice on comfort and what not. They don't care much for mustangs(outside of terminators...they love those) simply because they're slower.

I just went and fired up my z for the first time in 2 months(it's winter here) and I really do miss it. It would be really hard to let it go.

Someone on tech convinced me that tyler and I should trade cars for a week and see how we both feel about it before actually trading. I actually really love this idea. I will see how he feels about it.

I also found out I could run a frost mail order tune with my cam and save myself 300 dollars so install and tune would be 600 total instead of 900...which is almost manageable. It would take some time but I would have my 400whp car...which is exciting.
This. Very good idea.

I just have a feeling that if you went through with it, you would miss the power of the catfish pretty quickly.

As far as comfort goes:

I have made several trips from N. Ca to So Cal in my Mustang, driven to Flagstaff and back in 3 days, etc...I wasn't uncomfortable by any means, but I do wish the seat would travel farther back than what it does. My knees always get stiff after driving for 3 or 4 hours straight.

I had a 84 firebird when I was younger. Now the seats obviously weren't 6 way adjustable or anything, but I did like the fact there was more travel in the seat. I would say the seats between the 2 were comparable in comfort for the driver. As your car is a lot newer than mine, I am sure it is miles above the 84

Passenger seat: Hands down the mustang. I HATED that stupid bump in the floor for the catalytic converter the fbody had. I could never find a comfortable spot for my feet.

Backseat: Who cares???

The trunk space in the mustang is much better obviously.

Do your t-tops leak at all? if they do, dry seats may take getting used to!
Old 02-11-2012, 07:08 PM
Rockwell28
4th Gear Member

sounds like the best idea there. Test the waters.
Old 02-11-2012, 07:12 PM
TwitchZ28

Originally Posted by kast1376
Do your t-tops leak at all? if they do, dry seats may take getting used to!
They do not. Not a drop.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:21 PM
oxfordgt
6th Gear Member

Save up for a tune, swap the cam yourself (should take no more then 1.5 hours) then kill mustangs all day long. /thead
Old 02-11-2012, 08:28 PM
WannaBeGearHead
Go Texas!!!

Originally Posted by oxfordgt
Save up for a tune, swap the cam yourself (should take no more then 1.5 hours) then kill mustangs all day long. /thead
This ^^^
Old 02-11-2012, 08:58 PM
kast1376
3rd Gear Member

They do not. Not a drop.
That is a reason to keep it right there. It seems about 90% of the fbodies with t-tops leak in some shape or form. You have a rare car!
Old 02-11-2012, 09:03 PM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

What all is done to the mustang? The excel thing wont load for me
Old 02-11-2012, 09:22 PM
speedkills
3rd Gear Member

Guess no ones else noticed this^^^??? That shifter boot is awesome.

The trade cars idea is a great idea.

Mods to mustang
BBK Ceramic Coated Long Tube Headers
MAC Prochamber Midpipe Off road H
Borla Stinger Aggressive Stainless Steel Catback
C&L Cold Air Intake
C&L 90mm Mass Air Sensor
TrickFlow High Performance Intake Manifold
BBK 75mm Throttle Body
Ford Racing 24# Injectors
Comp Cams Stage 2 XE270AH High Performance Cams
Comp Cams Beehive Valve Springs
Comp Cams Titanium Valve Spring Retainers
Comp Cams Adjustable Cam Gears
Stage 3 P.I Ported/Polished Heads/ Cam Degree + Labor
King Cobra Stage 2 Clutch
SCT Livewire Adjustable Setting Tuner/Datalog
Kurgan Motorsports Dyno Tune w/SCT Tuner
Eibach Sportline Lowering Springs
BMR Lower Control Arms
Kenny Brown Weld Full Length Subframe Connectors
Motive 3.73 Gears
Moser 8.8 Axles w/ Studs - 31 Spline 5 Lug
MGW Short Throw Shifter
Mach 1 Front Chin Spoiler
Mach 1 Grille Delete
Smoked Headlights
Smoked Taillights by Modified Auto Designs
Chrome Deep Dish Bullitt Wheel - 18x9 /18x10
NITTO INVO Tires 275/35/18 Front 295/35/18 Rear
17% Window Tint by Modified Auto Designs

Quick Reply: Considering Trading My 2002 Z28 for a GT Plus Cash. Give Opinions Here!