4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Help Please

Old 10-24-2012, 01:54 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

6K is defintely a steal. Take it for a test drive. What does their 3 month warranty cover? That would be the decision maker for me. Bumper to bumper, I'd do it. Nit-picky...no way.

If you're not sure about the title (even though carfax reports an accident) check with the local DMV/MVD. They can tell you for sure about the title.

As for raising the price when you return, that's expected unless you got the offer in writing before you left the first time. Yelp is 'ok' for reviews but you don't get the whole story when you read a complaint. I prefer BBB (Better Business Bureau). If the business is rated less than a 'A', I don't bother.
Old 10-29-2012, 04:07 PM
supersnake67
2nd Gear Member

If it was salvaged you wouldnt be able to finance the car it would be cash only or you would need to aquire a personal loan. My 2004 Gt had a 14,995 window sticker 1,500 dollar trade equity and some haggling mine was 10,600 dollars out the door. So I cant see the dealer taking that much off, unless all the saleman get paid salary ( so they dont car what you pay for it) they dont have much in the car which even if the paid 4k for it after the mechanic inspects it and they have it detailed they have at least another grand into it. And usually after 60 days a dealer will send the car to auction to get rid of it. Sorry so long I work at a dealership and know all the crap they do.
Old 10-29-2012, 06:43 PM
Doyon
3rd Gear Member

I've heard that carfax sometimes won't report a salvage title for up to 3 or 6 months (I can't remember). Is this true?

I honestly don't pay much attention to reviews, unless it's over whelmingly terrible. Most of the time the only people who do a review, are not happy, vs the hundreds who were. Do what your gut tells you! Don't settle!
Old 10-29-2012, 06:50 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

I bet the rear end damage was pretty big, I'd get under than and see if any of the subframe looks kinked or mangled, look to see if there is any bondo smothing the seams on any of the subframe, thats a sure sign the frame was damaged.

Search this Thread