4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

Broke Lower Control Arm..

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 06:25 AM
granatelli
Former Sponsor

We are going the wrong direction here. You asked how the plate would work itself into Granatelli marketing. I merely tried to explain the plate adds strength and piece of mind. I went on to say we have not had WJ arm failures however to show we are always trying to build a better part we are adding the stiffening plate. The stiffening plate acts as a gusset. The two holes in the middle get welded as well which further adds to the integrity. Furthermore you inferred the plate was a band-aid. It’s not a band-aid, in fact it adds to the structural design.

The real question is - Is the plate needed? The answer...we have so many out there with no issues one would say no you don't "need" the plate but if you are Jeff who had the problem I am sure he would say otherwise. WE are here to service our customers.

While I understand you are free to an opinion, I can't help but feel your unkind words clouds all the good we are trying to do. Sorry if you found offence in my response I guess I was reacting to your misguided question.

Your question as to replacement was not directed to me and therefore I did not answer it. We have taken care of our customer
Old 05-15-2013, 10:36 AM
dwtjr3
5th Gear Member

You guys just earned my respect^

I have never seen a company make a improvement to a product as fast as you guys just did when a issue arouse with a customer.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:56 AM
Sxynerd
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
Yikes. That is a scary failure. You made the right choice going with UPR.
I knew you'd say that. lol
Old 05-15-2013, 10:16 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Its glad to see a company step up to the plate and simply admit "the weld failed" instead of trying to pass the blame on something rediculous like installation etc etc. Things like this just can happen, could of been a bad batch of metal supplied to the company, could of been anything. I wouldn't exactly call the gusset a "bandaid", as gussets are used across the board on all kinds of tubing fabrication to strengthen designs, you can look custom tube chasis builds on big time nhra cars and see gussets added in to all kinds of tubing doesn't mean its a band aid fix its simply to improve and strengthen areas of tubing that connect or have bends similar to those in the curved control arm pictured above.
Old 05-15-2013, 11:10 PM
jeff37110
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Its glad to see a company step up to the plate and simply admit "the weld failed" instead of trying to pass the blame on something rediculous like installation etc etc. Things like this just can happen, could of been a bad batch of metal supplied to the company, could of been anything. I wouldn't exactly call the gusset a "bandaid", as gussets are used across the board on all kinds of tubing fabrication to strengthen designs, you can look custom tube chasis builds on big time nhra cars and see gussets added in to all kinds of tubing doesn't mean its a band aid fix its simply to improve and strengthen areas of tubing that connect or have bends similar to those in the curved control arm pictured above.
Very true we use them at work all the time..I work around heavy steel all the time..Mr.Granatelli has had very communication with me during all this and we are working on making everything right..
Old 05-15-2013, 11:30 PM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

You really need to Google, "Granatelli LCA fail" for a historical perspective on quality, customer service, engineering, Chinese manufacturing, welding, etc.

The results are a masterclass in the art of bull****ting.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:37 AM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

I can care less how their control arms are made as I don't run them, all i am referring to is the use of gussets and the fact they admitted their weld failed.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:05 AM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

I can care less how their control arms are made as I don't run them, all i am referring to is the use of gussets and the fact they admitted their weld failed.
What's relevant is the web is littered with the history of Granatelli's quality products.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:45 AM
Vertigo_GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sonic Mustang
What's relevant is the web is littered with the history of Granatelli's quality products.
Just because you met your French model boyfriend on the internet doesn't mean every thing on the web is true. But then I'm sure you personally know the guy who designed the internet since, all the name-dropping you do implies that all the engineers and auto designers must kiss your ring before they are allowed to work in the auto industry.
The way you attacked Mr. Granatelli's English was deplorable. I guess that Since you are on a first name basis with him you two must have a long history . What, did he bone your wife while you were hob-nobbing with Carrol Shelby?You really ought to pass up on the opportunity to be a dick once in a while. I read some of your posts where you actually help someone and think "Maybe he isn't so bad after all". Then the very next post your back to Mr. Snarky McDickhead.

Last edited by Vertigo_GT; 05-16-2013 at 08:07 AM.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:00 AM
Sonic Mustang
Banned

Originally Posted by Vertigo_GT
Just because you met your French model boyfriend on the internet doesn't mean evey thing on the web is true. But then I'm sure you personally know the guy who designed the internet since, from all the name-dropping you do implies that all the engineers and auto designers must kiss your ring before they are allowed to work in the auto industry.
The way you attacked Mr. Granatelli's English was deplorable. I guess that Since you are on a first name basis with him you two must have along history . What, did he bone your wife while you were hob-nobbing with Carrol Shelby?You really ought to pass up on the opportunity to be a dick once in a while. I read some of your posts where you actually help someone and think "Maybe he isn't so bad after all". Then the very next post your back to Mr. Snarky McDickhead.
So, your working theory is nothing posted about Granatelli and his products, including his own posts on the internet is true?

Quick Reply: Broke Lower Control Arm..