4.6L General Discussion This section is for non-tech specific information pertaining to 4.6L (Modular) Mustangs built from 1996 to 2004.

So, I am picking up a 2000 GT Convertible Today

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2013, 08:26 AM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Wheels are becoming the biggest pain in the a$$ to find.

I can't seem to find a staggered set of 18x9 and 18x10 in stock. So my question is will 18x10 fit all the way around? or will I have rubbing issues in the front?

I remember Earl Scheib commercials. LOL

My theory with Maaco is the shop is only as good as the work load, management and staff on hand.

After seeing the job they did, and yes there were a few minor imperfections on the lower door panels, I have to say they did a bang up job for the scratch I had to spend.

I hope it holds up for a few years, and it should with the right care being put into it.

As far as dress up, I sent an email to the graphics company and asked if they could produce the Spring Edition stripes in Gloss vinyl as opposed to matte. Still waiting on a response in that regard.

The new GT fender emblems should arrive this week (Coming from Virginia) once they are here I can install myself.

my new power mirror switch came yesterday, so I can install that once I get it back.

Have to send a second set of headlights back to American muscle though. The first set in original pics the molding broke loose, so they gave me another set to install, opened the box and the RH lens was cracked so they are sending me another set which should be here today.

If all goes well and I get it back today, in the next few weeks I can dump it in Ubers hands to do the suspension.

I am also eyeing a T-56 transmission for it. Also want to do a rear axle rebuild on it.

Stuff still to do

New TOP (next 2-4 weeks)
New Interior rug (within the next week)
Seat reconditioning or replacement (Long term)
Bezel replacement for shifter along with new boot.

otherwise I think it is pretty much done
Old 06-04-2013, 12:29 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Gary are u bringing this to carlisle or the 5.ohhh
Old 06-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
Gary are u bringing this to carlisle or the 5.ohhh
Not sure... depends on if it is finished and which looks cleaner. I want to bring the convertible, but it behind schedule by 1 day right now. Should have had back Yesterday supposed to be today.

We will see.

If I do bring it, it will still have the crappy 201 OEM wheels on it as I can't find a staggered set of what i want in wheels
Old 06-04-2013, 12:35 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

You can always do 17x9s and 17x10.5s, I personally think with a good drop there the best balanced size for looks, 245/45/17 tire up front and a 315/35/17 out back.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by uberstang1
You can always do 17x9s and 17x10.5s, I personally think with a good drop there the best balanced size for looks, 245/45/17 tire up front and a 315/35/17 out back.
That is a possibility
Old 06-04-2013, 01:04 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

PM replied to BTW
Old 06-04-2013, 04:27 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

and it is DONE

Last edited by Gary Ugarek; 06-04-2013 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:18 PM
Vertigo_GT
2nd Gear Member

Very nice Gary. The pic in your sig is my favorite. The headlights look better in that one to me because they don't look blacked out. Bummer that you are having a hard time finding the wheels you want. Bless you for rescuing a diamond in the rough and restoring her to a crown jewel. I really enjoy watching the progress.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:20 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Vertigo_GT
Very nice Gary. The pic in your sig is my favorite. The headlights look better in that one to me because they don't look blacked out. Bummer that you are having a hard time finding the wheels you want. Bless you for rescuing a diamond in the rough and restoring her to a crown jewel. I really enjoy watching the progress.
She'll be a crown Jewel once fender badges come in (Tomorrow)

but thank you for the compliment. She was rough, but now she is is almost the belle of the ball.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:05 PM
Gary Ugarek
4th Gear Member

FINAL UPDATE until New TOP goes on week of June 24th

Fender Badges installed... (DS Badge a tad crooked... Oh well)

Silver Bullet II and Poppa Smurf back together again.

Quick Reply: So, I am picking up a 2000 GT Convertible Today