Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Budget for forged

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 10:40 AM
GTPony

Default Budget for forged

Can anyone give me a ballpark figure on how much it may cost if I were to upgrade my 06 GT to forged internals capable of enduring as much as 600 RWHP? Parts and lobor seperate or atleast a # of hrs to budget. Im dreaming of my longterm performance path. Im sure eventually i can get there if a bit at a time. I was just trying to get an idea on how much each jump in performance level may cost and then how long it may take me to get there....
Old 08-29-2006, 09:37 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Budget for forged

lets see, for all of this look around 2000. kinda expensive, but when you consider what you're paying for, and the level of strength you've added, well worth it.
Manley Forged H beam rods
Forged Pistons
Moly Rings
Main / Rod Bearings
Forged Crankshaft

it will set you up for the 550-625 hp strength levels. you'll still need a new fuel system that can flow the level of power you're lookin for. a FOCUS pump, injectors, etc.
dont know how the NEW mustangs run, but a fuel pump, figure 375, billet rails, 375, high-flow injectors figure 300. thats for sets mind you, not individual. of course you have installation, wich is shop dependent. and you'll need a dyno and 4 hours of time with a technician to get a tune dialed in. its going to cost you man. best course of action, research what shops you have available to you. reputation is great, but make sure that YOU are comfortable with them, or have prior experience and can attest to the level of workmanship they put into their vehicles. you can probably get a better deal when talkin with them. if you're plannin on throwing a couple grand their way, a package price is not an unreasonable request. of course with the fuel delivery, you dont need to upgrade that untill you add power. the internals simply add strength, so you can always do this in stages. another thing to talk to the shop you're using about. and i wouldnt stop with just the internals if you're serious about adding power. you're going to want to strengthen the block, or just buy a stronger block from the git-go. talk to the shops man. best course of action.
Old 08-31-2006, 02:16 PM
Virgule
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Budget for forged

Smart move. Here's some images of what can happen to a mustang engine with weak internals.

http://www.brenspeed.com/carnage/index.html