Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

JLT vs. C&L

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 01:20 AM
explict
4th Gear Member

Default JLT vs. C&L

Ok I am new to this community and I am seeing alot of stuff about JLT and C&L...
Is there a big difference between the two or are they both too close to tell? I am going to buy an intake and if I am spending that kind of money on one I want to know whats up!!

p.s I already searched no match's!
Old 09-12-2006, 08:44 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default RE: JLT vs. C&L

JLT supposedly has a little better performance numbers, and the C&L has better quality materials. I haven't heard of anyone who has had any issues with the JLT falling apart, so I think it's safe to say that you'd be alright with either one. Personally I went with the C&L.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:31 PM
ski
4th Gear Member

The JLT has slightly better performance numbers than the C&L according to the "Cold Score" article at the 5.0 Mustang site. But the JLT original design had a wide spread problem of falling apart from warpage due to underhood heat. The design was then modified to include a machined metal insert to eliminate the problem. However, there were a few scattered reports of users still having problems with it.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:23 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

Brenspeed runs the C&L street on most cars and claims that he likes those best. I have it, it looks nice, and performs great.

Personally, I dont like the looks of the JLT, so it is not worth it to me even if it makes a couple more HP.
Old 09-12-2006, 08:44 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

Brenspeed runs the C&L street on most cars and claims that he likes those best. I have it, it looks nice, and performs great.

Personally, I dont like the looks of the JLT, so it is not worth it to me even if it makes a couple more HP.

+1
Old 09-12-2006, 10:06 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Riven02

ORIGINAL: classj

+1
+2
Old 09-13-2006, 06:47 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

+3

Go with the C&L and Brenspeed tune -- you will love it!
Old 09-13-2006, 09:54 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

2 friends of mine ... one with jlt 2 and other with c&l ... both look nice... both well made with good quality... the performance of the jlt is slightly better but the quality of the c&l is better... and the JLT2 doesnt have anyproblems... but due to heat ... it was better and cooler to get the jlt in our weather here since the c&l can heat the air while going inside...

i myself am loking for another brand to also compare... so i found this one pretty much like the JLT but its a carbon fiber and i like it since its a bit lighter than jlt and whole more lighter than c&l .. but i want to know the diffrence in power..

it may get more air inside.. as same temp as the jlt but slightly colder... but does it have better power ?

here is a picture

Old 09-13-2006, 02:02 PM
ski
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: saud alzaabi

2 friends of mine ... one with jlt 2 and other with c&l ... both look nice... both well made with good quality... the performance of the jlt is slightly better but the quality of the c&l is better... and the JLT2 doesnt have anyproblems... but due to heat ... it was better and cooler to get the jlt in our weather here since the c&l can heat the air while going inside...

i myself am loking for another brand to also compare... so i found this one pretty much like the JLT but its a carbon fiber and i like it since its a bit lighter than jlt and whole more lighter than c&l .. but i want to know the diffrence in power..

it may get more air inside.. as same temp as the jlt but slightly colder... but does it have better power ?

here is a picture

The "Plastic CAI is cooler than metal CAI" belief has been proven to be a myth. The stock intake is plastic, and the IAT is hotter with it than with the C&L.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:25 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

true... but im talking about the carbon fiber CAI from brenspeed .. i believe its called tunable induction ...

is it lighter and cooler ? because it doesnt look like it's metal and does it hold better power ?