Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

New bassani xhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 09:55 AM
06_gt
1st Gear Member

Default New bassani xhaust?

well i just got my bassani xhaust for my 06 mustang gt. I got a few questions. i bought the off road x pipe and the pipes that eliminate the stock converters has room of one o2 sensor on each side well the car has two sensors on the passenger side and one on the driver side. So my questions are....... what do i do with the extra sensor? will a tuner fix this if i eliminate on of the sensors? Do i need to get a dummy sensor? Thanx for any help that is given.
Old 12-13-2006, 11:37 PM
06_gt
1st Gear Member

Default RE: New bassani xhaust?

hey... i installed the exhaust. ( off road bassani x pipe and race axel back) lets just say i hope you like you cars loud cuz its loud as hell. it sounds unbelievable. true mustang sound... recomended to any one who wants thier mustang to be heard.
Old 12-14-2006, 01:27 AM
PERTANO
2nd Gear Member

I'm running the same setup under my car. You get use to the pitch. The only thing I don't like is the sound it makes when its decellerating. Kind of reminds me of a glasspack. Other then that I love it.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:58 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

your car has 4 o2 sensors...
Old 12-14-2006, 01:15 PM
Twister086
2nd Gear Member

your saying your bassani x pipe doesnt come with two o2 sensor bungs in the passenger side pipe? sounds like a factory defect... you might want to call them and ask them because my 145 dollar pypes hpipe came with 2 on the passenger side. and im sure every other manufacturers does... sounds like they just forgot one... i had brent at brenspeed turn my post cat o2 sesnors off and i'm only running
two factory sensors right now... im using my post cat sensor bungs for my wideband setup...
Old 12-17-2006, 03:08 PM
TopBanana

I have Bassani long-tube headers and off road x-pipe without cats. My car is really loud but it is amazingly really crazy. The biggest problem that i have is that the loud exahust causes the knock sensor to go crazy and the check engine light is on and failsafe mode activates sometimes. I am buying a tuner to get that problem over with.

Also the install took me really long. each tube is independent so getting them in is only half the problem. Once you have the tubes in you have to tighten the blots. On the driver side you have the steering shaft in the way and on the passanger side a motor mount. In my opinion do not get them unless you have a wide variaty of tools (you need ark wrenches and wire drives), pelenty of time, and a REAL car lift not jacks.

The fastest way to instal is to just take motor out and work that way. I did the hard way by reaching in and tightning the blots by hand and by making my own arch wrenchs. I started on friday at 9:30 am and stoped at 10:00 pm then i started on saterday at 10:00 am till 12:30 pm. it was about 15 hours and about 1 hour for lunch.

The bassani headers are amazing and the power you get is crazy I got about 45 to 60 more horses. I belive it is a great product but the install is amazingling hard. In addaition any intake system (like mine) with the headers works miracales in the horsepower section.