Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

My friend bought a procharger

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 08:09 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default My friend bought a procharger

Well I got a call from a friend who bought a procharger .. NEW outa the box from this guy who didnt need it..complete it with intercooler,pipes,filters,clamps,oil,brakets and pullies..

the only thing is.. were N/A guys .. well now im the only N/A guy here so we need to know what exactly do we need to get before we start the installation process..

who do you think has the best tune for it ?

how can I identify if its the P1SC or P1SC-1 ? I can read the code it says P1SC with white and after that there is an engraved 1 so im not sure which is it..

what gauges do we need and on those gauges what should we be looking for ? I already bought a boost gauge... but dont know what other things I should get ?

ohh yeah where can I find great deals on gauge pods ? im thinking of letting him get the one on the dashboard like saleen and the ones that hangs from the windshield.. and since im a s/c NOOOOB i dont know what are they called..

should we be fine with the normal plugs ? or should we move to colder ones.. if colder ones.. please tell me all the types I can use..

ohh yeah . not sure.. ut will a boost controlller work ? you know since the weather sucks here and we need to run a safe engine yet we dont need to buy 2 tunes..

the mods that are already there on the car is..

Kooks long tube headers
Kooks X-pipes
Roush pullies
JLT 2 CAI
spec aluminum flywheel
Spec stage 1 clutch with alumin pressure plate
magnaflow cats
steeda CMCV plates

I know we will get rid of pullies + filter.. but will we get rid of the cmcv too ?

thanksand have a ncie time explaining
Old 07-16-2007, 08:27 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: My friend bought a procharger

Any help please..
Old 07-18-2007, 10:56 PM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: saud alzaabi

Well I got a call from a friend who bought a procharger .. NEW outa the box from this guy who didnt need it..complete it with intercooler,pipes,filters,clamps,oil,brakets and pullies..

the only thing is.. were N/A guys .. well now im the only N/A guy here so we need to know what exactly do we need to get before we start the installation process..

who do you think has the best tune for it ?
contact brenspeed.

how can I identify if its the P1SC or P1SC-1 ? I can read the code it says P1SC with white and after that there is an engraved 1 so im not sure which is it..
contact the seller? why cant you read it? is it used or worn?

what gauges do we need and on those gauges what should we be looking for ? I already bought a boost gauge... but dont know what other things I should get ?
a boost and a wideband will do for gauges

ohh yeah where can I find great deals on gauge pods ? im thinking of letting him get the one on the dashboard like saleen and the ones that hangs from the windshield.. and since im a s/c NOOOOB i dont know what are they called..
look on ebay or around here. could go with a saleen holder too. that sits on the dash.
should we be fine with the normal plugs ? or should we move to colder ones.. if colder ones.. please tell me all the types I can use..
you will need a step colder plug if running any type of forced induction. autolite HTO step one colder.
ohh yeah . not sure.. ut will a boost controlller work ? you know since the weather sucks here and we need to run a safe engine yet we dont need to buy 2 tunes..
I dont think you need a boost controller it will be in the tune and pulley.

the mods that are already there on the car is..

Kooks long tube headers
Kooks X-pipes
Roush pullies
JLT 2 CAI
spec aluminum flywheel
Spec stage 1 clutch with alumin pressure plate
magnaflow cats
steeda CMCV plates

I know we will get rid of pullies + filter.. but will we get rid of the cmcv too ?
no it will be better just make sure the tuner knows that you have these...

thanksand have a ncie time explaining
Old 07-19-2007, 07:35 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

contacted brenspeed.. they said its not possible to tune the car since its overseas and then need a dyno tunner.. so I contacted procharger itself and VMP tunning.. I am waiting for answers now.

the supercharger turned out to be a p1sc-1 with 2-core intercooler.