Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

C&L Install Complete.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2007, 02:44 PM
Jrob27
1st Gear Member

Default C&L Install Complete.

Hi guys, I just finished the C&L Street intake install and the 93 Octane flash from Brenspeed. I have to tell you, this was a simple and fun install. I know guys have been fussing with the mouting bracket and shrowd, but its really not too bad. For begininers maybe they should have thrown in a couple of pics, but ya don't really need it. Sorry I didn't take pics, but was so damn hot, and the install was so easy... For those of you who have been wondering about the bracket that comes with the kit, all I can say is USE IT! just leave the bolts a little lose and all will be fine in the end. Also the Shrowd dosen't seem like it fits, but you have to tilt it at aforwardangle! I know it seems weird at first but once everything is in place it will make sense. The soft rubber piece on top is there for when you close the hood. It creates a seal! And the tie wraps help secure the front. I know it sounds kind of chincy, but it works. Also, the tools needed is a little misleading so I'll list what I used for you so you can be prepared.

TOOLS NEEDED:
Wrachet
3 inch or greater extention
8mm socket
10mm socket
Flat head screw driver
Torx driver: included in the kit
Philips Screw driver;For installing theoldAIR METER SENSING ELEMENT to the new MAF HOUSING. Do not use the old Torx screws!!!!!!!!! Use the NON TORX screwsthat came with the kit.
Vice grips: To easily pull out the Left Front Valve Cover Bolt
Snippers: To cut the tie wraps after securing around the closest ABS line.

Pretty simple guys. Now, after the install don't forget to hook up the Vacuum line and the Mass Air element line. AND, go back over every screw and bolt to ensure they are tight. If you got the Flash with the intake, this is easy also, just follow the directions. After all is flashed, start her up! I have been using 93 Octane so thats what I loaded. The first thing you will notice is the sound of air rushing in when you rev it up. And the throttle response is so different, its like a totally different car! After driving it a few miles and playing around I can tell the difference right away. You'll love it!

After driving, I parked the car once again and opened the hood. I went back through one last time to ensure all the screws and bolts were tightened.....all iswell and I really like it!.....enjoy....

And yes, I can feel a difference in the seat of my pants. The car revs so freely and easy now. Throttle response is the greatest difference. I can't even imagine the what the guys feel that are super charged, but I will next year!

Love my Stang!

Old 07-22-2007, 03:29 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: C&L Install Complete.

yep it's the best first drivetrain mod you can do...now it's time for you to pick out some more lol...
Old 07-22-2007, 04:02 PM
Jrob27
1st Gear Member

Thats right richie! I might go for the exhaust system now. I'm thinking long tube headers and the rest of the exhaust. Just trying to do this somewhat methodicly. I want an exhaust system that works, I'm not to much into the system that wakes up the neighborhood though. I'm thinking the entire SLP system Catted.
Old 07-22-2007, 04:11 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

when you say "works" do you mean "sounds good" or "adds hp"? The reason I ask is, an a/b adds nothing hp-wise, a midpipe might result in a small increase, and ditto shorties...long-tubes aren't a good hp-for-$$ mod from what I've read in mags and on this forum, unless you're FI, which you're not...
...if I could do my mods over, my "stage one" would have been CAI/tuner combo, rear ca's, sticky tires and 4.10s...would have brought the car down to at least a high twelve for not too much $$$...I would've done the exhuast and UDPs later on...plus, I know whenver I see a GT in town with those stock tailpipes in the huge cutouts, I automatically think "bone stock"...how cool would it be surprise everyone with the aforementioned "stage one", looking and sounding stock!
p.s. for the record I LOVE my exhaust (from a sound standpoint not a hp one)...