Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Thinking of getting a CAI, need advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2007, 07:41 AM
GT Rick
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Thinking of getting a CAI, need advice

Sorry I mis-spoke......old memory...the K&N produces just over 15 HP increase (without a tune, not 18 as I mentioned earlier.)

http://www.kandn.com/dynocharts/63-2565.pdf

Old 10-08-2007, 12:37 PM
ski
4th Gear Member

WRT to my previous post, I'll just say that I have zero tolerance for a person, well respected or not, who simply barges into a discussion in which others and myself are answering questions, and attempts to abort our efforts in a crass and boorish manner. And when that happens, I go by the adage "If you can dish it out...." and I retaliate, at times in a crass and boorish manner myself.
Fortunately, these occurrences can be very easily avoided if the offending person uses a more tactful and diplomatic initial approach.
Old 10-08-2007, 01:29 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: ski

WRT to my previous post, I'll just say that I have zero tolerance for a person, well respected or not, who simply barges into a discussion in which others and myself are answering questions, and attempts to abort our efforts in a crass and boorish manner. And when that happens, I go by the adage "If you can dish it out...." and I retaliate, at times in a crass and boorish manner myself.
Fortunately, these occurrences can be very easily avoided if the offending person uses a more tactful and diplomatic initial approach.
howarmat is teh guru. *I* am usually the offending person with no tact and diplomatic [sm=icon_blah.gif]

ps you got pwned

pps this is open forum if you want to discuss something with only one person pm them. Otherwise your party *will* be crashed
Old 10-08-2007, 01:58 PM
ski
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s197richie

howarmat is teh guru. *I* am usually the offending person with no tact and diplomatic [sm=icon_blah.gif]
Even a 'guru' is not above being offensive, as was the case in this thread.
Old 10-08-2007, 02:24 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

How was i offensive....i already stated the last portion of the the first post was suppose to be taken as a joke........
Old 10-08-2007, 02:51 PM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

you will notice some difference with just the K&N without a tune but probually want to upgrade later, so why just get something different so you don't have to upgrade? I haven't used the K&N with a tune.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:06 PM
ski
4th Gear Member

Yep, I know. Butyou should have madethat clear in your 1st post, because the damage had already been done by the time you posted your 2nd one.
FWIW, I suggest that yougivemore thought to your presentation, and/or gather your inner peace before you post from now on.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:07 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

You showed 1 post where 1 person got good gains out the c&l street. If you want to believe the mfg's claim's go right ahead but it's unrealistic to expect everyone to get the gains they claim in fact most wont and tht holds true for most mods(BBK claims I think its 17rwhp on thier shorty headers I guess we should believe that too). There are too many variables to expect what they get on thier best case senario runs. NO I'm not going to spend the money to dyno every notune cai just to statisfy you. The only person I see as offensive in this thread is you. Quit calling everyone out about hier posts and maybe you wont have this trouble. Provide me with more than 1 person's and an MFG's opinion and maybe I'll take what you have to say seriously.

BTW the tune's improve alot more than just HP....throttle lag goes away shift points improve etc.......
Old 10-08-2007, 03:32 PM
alloutt
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ski

Yep, I know. Butyou should have madethat clear in your 1st post, because the damage had already been done by the time you posted your 2nd one.
FWIW, I suggest that yougivemore thought to your presentation, and/or gather your inner peace before you post from now on.
I have used the K&N have you? There was nothing wrong with my first post the whole point of this is to tell people your opinion, and from my experience I wouldn't buy it agian. I made no statement that said the K&N didn't provide any gains in torque for rear wheel horsepower.
Old 10-08-2007, 03:51 PM
s197richie
I ♥ Acer

ski = pwned all over the place!

everybody's lined up to take a shot

Quick Reply: Thinking of getting a CAI, need advice