Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

GT supercharger?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 10:26 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: GT supercharger?

ORIGINAL: androdz

422/416tq with 8lb and with longtubes. The saleen is a great blower for mild psi but you can't pass 14psi point end of story. Also here you are telling me about parts so i decided to take the liberty to tell you something those ford racing cold plugs are just rebadged autolites so congrats for paying more for a rebadged plug!
COOOL.... no kidding really....FRRP plugs are repackaged....NEVER KNEW THAT>... NOT....Now you know what I paid for my plugs......NOT yet again...nice try bought them FROM FORD dealer at wholesale because I know the owner....nice try though...cost me less than autolites would have....but thanks for playing....seriously Andrew...I was not getting personal...YOu just contradicted yourself...before you claimed the Saleen was not a very efficient blower....I agree on the going over the 14 psi part...no arguments there...but to claim its just cute and inefficient is a little exaggerated and highly opionated as well as misinformed...that was my only point...Again if you are looking for a 14psi plus car...however the OP did not state that he was looking to rebuild his block etc...so I still stand by my statement that Whipple, KB and Saleen are all great choices for a bolt on power adder.....lets not make this personal....and try to discount what I say by claiming without the knowledge of what I paid for a spark plug that I paid too much....
Old 12-07-2007, 01:43 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

Good one but fixed!
ORIGINAL: MartyMoose

ORIGINAL: UndergroundMustang

Hey,

We have Whipple, Procharger, Saleen & Roush

With the Roush you can expect up to 115Hp, or you can go Saleen which you have various options which include either the 100HP Kit, the 100HP Kit plus 75 additional HP kit or the extreme 550 HP kit

If you want you PM us or contact us directly at 718-645-4599 for more information regarding the S/C kits for you 08 Mustangs.
From those choices the best is Saleen.Roush is a roots style supercharger and I have no idea of it's efficiency.The whipple and procharger are so so as long as you are not looking for big #'s. I would suggest the Whipple!
Andrew
Fixed

On a side note lets not get into the debate about which S/C is the best and so on and so forth! Back to the thread that the OP wrote! Thanks everyone and sorry for feeding into the hype. PM me for anything andI will deal with it ASAP...thanks J S197 section mod
Old 12-07-2007, 09:15 AM
exx1976
5th Gear Member

There's a group buy going on with Saleen blowers right now for $4400 plus shipping..

Old 12-07-2007, 11:03 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: MartyMoose

422/416tq with 8lb and with longtubes. The saleen is a great blower for mild psi but you can't pass 14psi point end of story. Also here you are telling me about parts so i decided to take the liberty to tell you something those ford racing cold plugs are just rebadged autolites so congrats for paying more for a rebadged plug!
So then you admit it's a "great" blower. Meaning it's not inefficient? Or the other way around?
It is a great blower for mild psi applications. Why are you gonna pay more for a blower that you will have to change if you decide to get a rebuild. Don't know if you know but any boosted application will break in time due to the increased engine wear/stress the boost is creating. You could get a whipple for around 4.4k so I don't know why selecting the saleen would be better. I mean like i said it is cuter and looks better than the kb/whipple but performance wise is a whole other different story.

Andrew