Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

which model whipple?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2008, 09:36 AM
hotairgypsy
3rd Gear Member

Default which model whipple?

this is a car coming up for auction with this whipple...since I do not know whipples which one is this one

[IMG]local://upfiles/59163/E8F3E5592FFE4EF68C77D558E6862212.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-12-2008, 09:48 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

Default RE: which model whipple?

ORIGINAL: hotairgypsy

this is a car coming up for auction with this whipple...since I do not know whipples which one is this one

[IMG]local://upfiles/59163/E8F3E5592FFE4EF68C77D558E6862212.jpg[/IMG]
There's no way to tell from that picture. Jared
Old 01-12-2008, 10:03 AM
hotairgypsy
3rd Gear Member

i know the pully would not be easy at all too know what size but i know they have dif liter blowers...no way to tell that from this pic?
Old 01-12-2008, 10:11 AM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: hotairgypsy

i know the pully would not be easy at all too know what size but i know they have dif liter blowers...no way to tell that from this pic?
Whipple only offers the 2.3L as a production kit. If it were any other size blower you would most likely be able to tell from the plenum as it would be a custom piece. Really the only way to tell from that picture would be if you could see the intercooler reservoir located just to the left of the radiator expansion tank. It's too hard to tell from that pic but as far as I can see it doesn't have one. Also, don't go off of pulley size as there are some HO guys out there that are very conservative and only run 6-8psi which is what comes on a non intercooled kit.

Hope that helps. Jared

Old 01-13-2008, 04:19 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Well the pulley looks like the 3.375 from the HO kit, but I don't see an intercooler reservoir so I don't know. It's either the HO or not-intercooled kit, but it's still the same blower that I have.

It's most likely the non-intercooled kit, i'm guessing both 6 and 10 psi pulleys from ford racing are black, the one in my sig came from whipple.
Old 01-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Well the pulley looks like the 3.375 from the HO kit, but I don't see an intercooler reservoir so I don't know. It's either the HO or not-intercooled kit, but it's still the same blower that I have.

It's most likely the non-intercooled kit, i'm guessing both 6 and 10 psi pulleys from ford racing are black, the one in my sig came from whipple.
Hey Moose,
Sorry to hear about your accident. The most important thing is that you and your wife weren'y hurt. Cars can be replaced and people can't. Good luck on getting the car back together.

In regards to the pulleys most of Whipple's pulleys are all black. I haven't seen the ones with the white in them like yours for quite a while. When the kits we're first released to us they had the white lettering but then Whipple stopped making them like that. Looks like they may have started making them with the white again.

Jared

Old 01-13-2008, 06:03 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

It's actually polised aluminum, not white, but you may have known that. The car isn't that bad, atleast there wasn't any structural damage. Oh ya I forgot, my wife is ok, that's the main thing.

ORIGINAL: Boostaddict

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Hey Moose,
Sorry to hear about your accident. The most important thing is that you and your wife weren'y hurt. Cars can be replaced and people can't. Good luck on getting the car back together.

In regards to the pulleys most of Whipple's pulleys are all black. I haven't seen the ones with the white in them like yours for quite a while. When the kits we're first released to us they had the white lettering but then Whipple stopped making them like that. Looks like they may have started making them with the white again.

Jared