Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Steeda Billet Charge Motion Plates

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2008, 07:49 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda Billet Charge Motion Plates

I believe the only tune for CMDP that the Diablosport come with is for a Steeda intake. If you have a different intake, you'll need to get a tune that works with that intake.
Old 03-30-2008, 07:57 PM
triple_E_Farm
1st Gear Member

I don't really plan on putting my car on a dyno. I was just wondering if the delete plates with the diablo tuner would be a good combo.

If I would really get a lot more performance out of my car by putting a cai on with the delete plates then I might think about it.

But the guy that is giving me the delete plates and diablo tuner said they would work fine together. I will not have my factory parts to replace if they don't so I guess I need to know what I can do in the next two days to run the delete plates on my car with out a cel coming on.

If the bamb chips tuner would be better than the diablo tuner than I guess that is what I need to look in to.

If I did get that bama chips tuner how would I get if from the email to the car?

Thanks for all the help.

Old 03-31-2008, 07:54 AM
shooter23
3rd Gear Member

Get yourself a new tune. The plates are used from factory to INCREASE low-end torque. So the downside, you will lose some low-end torque, but you will pick up in the top-end.

The diabol has nothing to do with it, its the tune that matters. So as stated, just get yourself a different tune. Your buddy obviously had a bad tune if he was having the CEL come on. The tune he had was most likely not meant for the delete plates, just for the CAI.

With teh plates, you need to have the valves turned off. Because now there is more airflow, meaning that the sensors will think something is wrong. Get a tune for it that works with the plates and DEFINITELY get yourself a CAI.

You may want to also think about some underdrive pullies. They are cheap, and easy to install. Help your engine rev-up much faster...they will def help pull harder up top with the plates.

Good Luck!
Old 04-02-2008, 01:44 PM
triple_E_Farm
1st Gear Member

I think I am not going to put the delete plates in.

Just wait until I can do it all at once.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:21 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

the tune that bamachips sends you has to be installed with the predator so yes, you do need the tuner. the tune would be $50 from BAMAchips andthen the CAI would be around $200 plus however much your friend is selling you the tuner for. it may be cheaper to pay the $5XX for a tuner/CAI combo that comes with 3 tunes from BAMA. basically, i'd tell the guy that i'd buy the predator for $250, if he wants more, then you won't buy. that would get you a new CAI, delete plates, custom tune, and tuner for around $500. you should get at least 25rwhp out of that, maybe even 30rwhp. not to mention much harder shifts and a better throttle feel. you'll think it was well worth it.
Old 04-02-2008, 02:44 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I paid $190 shipped for my tuner used...
Old 04-02-2008, 02:54 PM
Texotic
5th Gear Member

oh, in that case, offer less. i have no idea how much used tuners go for. if you are able to get all of that for under $500, lucky you. i paid more than $500 for the my tuner/CAI combo and i don't have delete plates.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:44 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I got my billet delete plates for $90 shipped, intake for $140shipped, and tuner for $190shipped. Needless to say, buying used parts paid off for me.