Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

LTs design problem?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 01:18 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by AKRA
If you have a programmer and it can be turned off perminately, who cares?

In my SCT program I had them set it up to turn off the rear 02s so I could run with no cats just incase I desided to go that route later.

Choose the headers that fit, sound and perform the best for the range you can afford.

Thats not what is being discussed here. We are discussing the settings with the front O2s. The worse thing that i am aware of is if the O2s are constantly set "on" then they might go out sooner. You wont get the transport delay CEL which is just an annoyance.
Old 11-16-2008, 04:37 PM
BlueOvalBlood
2nd Gear Member

Well some people will care because when emissions goes in and pulls up the codes you are F'ed. I was just trying to pass on info to those who didnt know this (myself being included at first) to give insight so they can make informed decisions. To me, that is one of the points of this Forum. Members helping members.
As far as what works best...as I stated, most LTs are going to give you near similar numbers as far as gains. Sure some will say one or the other is crafetd better, better materials are used, etc. Those are all true, but as far as the actual gains...they all are going to be pretty close. They all will produce similar sound tones...its mainly the mid-pipe and the axle backs that are going to drastically change the sound.

ROBSIMP...as soon as I get the parts to my door and book an install date, I will do my best to get some video footage. Right now all I have is my cellphone so I will try to borrow someone's video camera to try and get the most accurate to life sound. Good luck with your installs too. Everyone I talk to (guys on here as well as mechanics everywhere) are saying that the 4.10s wake a whole new beast in your Mustang. I am sure we are both equally excited to find out.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:58 PM
BFMacias
2nd Gear Member

That is weird because I have BBK long tubes and have not seen a code having anything to do with the fore mentioned codes. Even after I installed my Whipple I haven't seen shizzle.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:22 PM
BlueOvalBlood
2nd Gear Member

Yeah BBK changed the design as of recent so you probably caught it beforehand
Old 11-16-2008, 10:29 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Originally Posted by BlueOvalBlood
Well some people will care because when emissions goes in and pulls up the codes you are F'ed. I was just trying to pass on info to those who didnt know this (myself being included at first) to give insight so they can make informed decisions. To me, that is one of the points of this Forum. Members helping members.
As far as what works best...as I stated, most LTs are going to give you near similar numbers as far as gains. Sure some will say one or the other is crafetd better, better materials are used, etc. Those are all true, but as far as the actual gains...they all are going to be pretty close. They all will produce similar sound tones...its mainly the mid-pipe and the axle backs that are going to drastically change the sound.
Very good points....there have been many threads about not passing emissions test becuase of a "not ready" status. You will need a seperate tune with the rear O2s on to pass the test.

And I also agree that the gains will be similar amongst all of the brands.
Old 11-23-2008, 04:43 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

please let me know how it goes with the macs I can get the ceramic ones ere for pretty cheap and was considering them
Old 11-23-2008, 06:46 PM
BlueOvalBlood
2nd Gear Member

I will try to make a post as soon as I can find a place to put them on. I odnt think I am gonna mess with it as it sounds like a pain in the *** and I dont haev a lift or many tools, plau my Right hand is still not fully healed from the plate they had to put in lol
Old 11-23-2008, 10:27 PM
07musclemustang
4th Gear Member

thanks and im looking forward to your install almost as much as you.
Old 11-23-2008, 10:52 PM
BlueOvalBlood
2nd Gear Member

lol, i plan on going to the exhuast shop tomorrow and get some prices
Old 11-24-2008, 01:31 AM
Hootna
3rd Gear Member

Thats interesting. I bought my BBK LTs a few months back and the shop tuned it and told me that the tune left the o2 sensor's on to pass emissions. It didnt throw a code with that tune but I went ahead and bought a 3 pak of tunes from Brenspeed like a month ago after I had my delete plates installed. The car was cutting out and throwing some codes that were for Lean Bank 1 / 2. So I thought it could possibly be the tune and ordere a 93 Race, 93 Race NOS, and a 87 emissions friendly tune. Anyway the car kept throwing the code and I traced it back to a dirty fuel filter and think I could probably use a fuel pump upgrade. So I think I may load the emissions tune to see how it runs and if it throws any codes... Would suck to fail the test and not get an inspection sticker..

Quick Reply: LTs design problem?