Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Driver door issues

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 11:07 AM
flyinfunnyguy16
2nd Gear Member

Default Driver door issues

First off please dont respond with "do a search". I'm a little pissed right now, and just would like any info anyones got. I get in my car this morning, and I start to drive away and the "door ajar" ring starts going off. So i'm like well ok, open the door, pull it pretty hard, and still says door ajar. So i'm like great, what the hell is going on here. Its not a huge issue except for the door ajar alarm that goes off, and that my map lights wont turn off now. So i'm pissed about that, get to where i'm going, and the driver window does not go up all the way. Basically it goes up to about where the rubber starts, and then stops, so its about 3/4 of an inch from being sealed. Again, not a huge issue, until it rains. So, has anyone incountered this? with any fixes? I think i'm just more pissed because this is my first mustang, love the car to death, but now have gone through a leak, resealing of passenger door molding, and now this. And maybe this is a quick fix, hopefully one of you will call me an idiot, tell me to do something, and poof its fixed. But these arent kia's, these are good cars, supposedly, but it seems like I cant go 2 months without something being out of the norm. Now, again, these arent hand made 200K$ cars, but to me, it is. This is my baby, and its becoming a pain in the ***. Any suggestions(other than to quit crying) are appreciated.
Old 04-12-2009, 01:02 PM
danzcool
5th Gear Member

Sounds like either the door sensor is bad or the wiring to it.