Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Email Tunes...I Don't Get It

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 04:14 PM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by kpaulhus
it took VMP 10 days to get me my 93 tune....I am actually looking into Brenspeed as well.
The VMP 93 is a snappy tune...I have it now but want to contrast it to the Brenspeed 93...so it appears 8-10 days is industry standard wait time...still don't understand
Old 05-15-2009, 05:47 PM
08GT4U
2nd Gear Member

i guess the best way to come to a conclusion to this is to head over to one of the tuners and spent a day at the shop to see what actually goes on there.lol.either they are going crazy with work or they are eating crap waiting to see who is gonna tune the next car.
Old 05-15-2009, 05:58 PM
Legion5
5th Gear Member

Brenspeed is horrible they should just never exist if they are going to take 8 days to deliver a tune.

Also they should charge 5% less for their tune every month starting this month (ie 5% off to the point the price almost reaches zero, but doesn't quite get there!!).

As you can see the price of a tune in just 12 months would be much more "affordable" see:

Also it takes way too long to donlozad the damn tune, brenspeed? Fix this, hire more code writers (that's right i think you need code writers to make the tunes download faster).

Listen Brenspeed, or else you'll go out of business today or tommorow probably!

Last edited by Legion5; 05-15-2009 at 06:13 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 08:46 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

LOL!
Old 05-16-2009, 09:14 AM
geo06

Talking

Originally Posted by Legion5
Brenspeed is horrible they should just never exist if they are going to take 8 days to deliver a tune.

Also they should charge 5% less for their tune every month starting this month (ie 5% off to the point the price almost reaches zero, but doesn't quite get there!!).

As you can see the price of a tune in just 12 months would be much more "affordable" see:

Also it takes way too long to donlozad the damn tune, brenspeed? Fix this, hire more code writers (that's right i think you need code writers to make the tunes download faster).

Go with Doug@ BamaChips,call on phone,tell him what you one,two hours later ck your computer tune is there!
Old 05-16-2009, 09:42 AM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wasvette
The VMP 93 is a snappy tune...I have it now but want to contrast it to the Brenspeed 93...so it appears 8-10 days is industry standard wait time...still don't understand
VMP has stronger bottom-end, Brenspeed has stronger top-end. Brenspeed has very touchy accelerator feel and not much happens below ~3k. VMP has a smoother power delivery across the rpm range. Also I gained about 2 mpg with the VMP tune. Both are great tunes but with different characteristics and feels.

Back to the topic... most of these shops are one man shop or have just 2-3 employee. They do installs, host dyno days, some of them have mobile dynos and go out of town for a few days, and sometimes have to take some time off. All of that ends-up generating some backlog. If you're in a hurry pay a bit more and you'll have your tune the next day.
Old 05-16-2009, 05:01 PM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Legion5

Legion 5 - Dude, you are funny for sure...loving it. But 8 days for a tune already made is weak...sorry
Old 05-16-2009, 05:05 PM
wasvette
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by sycd
VMP has stronger bottom-end, Brenspeed has stronger top-end. Brenspeed has very touchy accelerator feel and not much happens below ~3k. VMP has a smoother power delivery across the rpm range. Also I gained about 2 mpg with the VMP tune. Both are great tunes but with different characteristics and feels.

Back to the topic... most of these shops are one man shop or have just 2-3 employee. They do installs, host dyno days, some of them have mobile dynos and go out of town for a few days, and sometimes have to take some time off. All of that ends-up generating some backlog. If you're in a hurry pay a bit more and you'll have your tune the next day.
sycd - Is your VMP tune not "throttle touchy"? When I had my gears installed hear locally in Atlanta, the owner could barely launch my car - he was laughing like crazy and kept saying what is going on with this car? I'm used to it and do like to hyper-sensitive response of the VMP tune...my biggest gripe is both the Steeda (mild tune) and VMP detonate and I have to manually retard the timing.
Old 05-17-2009, 12:16 AM
sycd
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wasvette
sycd - Is your VMP tune not "throttle touchy"? When I had my gears installed hear locally in Atlanta, the owner could barely launch my car - he was laughing like crazy and kept saying what is going on with this car? I'm used to it and do like to hyper-sensitive response of the VMP tune...my biggest gripe is both the Steeda (mild tune) and VMP detonate and I have to manually retard the timing.
Brenspeed is even more sensitive, i.e. you get most of the power with very little pedal travel, a bit too much for my taste. IMHO VMP gives me more pedal travel feel, i.e. more control on the amount power to deliver.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:53 AM
kcmarti
2nd Gear Member

Bamachips! Got most of mine in a day or two. A couple I even got same day by calling and telling Doug I was headed to the track that night - no problem (of course he already had me on file for previous tunes, so that might make it a little easier).