Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Anyone using Z-Max???

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 11:34 AM
socalwrench
4th Gear Member

Uh oh- this one's a can of worms. Check out TeamShelby.com. It has been heavily debated for a while.

Personally, I believe it works. I've had several engines used it, and I've inspected them upon teardown (all using synthetic oil). It's not technically a snake oil, or an oil at all. It is a very small molecular liquid that is absorbed into metal- specifically the cylinder walls and pistons. Also, I don't believe that Carroll Shelby would ever sell out or put his name on something that doesn't work. Finally, every Shelby Series 1 that was sold- came from SAI with z-Max in it.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:41 PM
.boB
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by badloser
WOW... just saw an ad on tv the other day. How are they allowed to still advertise.
The case has not been esttled. They're innocent until proven guilty. Then, when proven guilty, they change the formula a little bit and do it again. Buyer Beware.
Old 06-27-2009, 05:30 AM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by socalwrench
Uh oh- this one's a can of worms. Check out TeamShelby.com. It has been heavily debated for a while.

Personally, I believe it works. I've had several engines used it, and I've inspected them upon teardown (all using synthetic oil). It's not technically a snake oil, or an oil at all. It is a very small molecular liquid that is absorbed into metal- specifically the cylinder walls and pistons. Also, I don't believe that Carroll Shelby would ever sell out or put his name on something that doesn't work. Finally, every Shelby Series 1 that was sold- came from SAI with z-Max in it.
Sorry, I don't believe anything is absorbed into metal