Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Which Axle back

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2009, 02:12 PM
KcMstang
2nd Gear Member

The chambered Magnaflow is a waste of time...go with the MAC!
Old 08-10-2009, 04:46 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Mac ftw. I had some straight thrus to begin with. They had to go. These MACs sound much better, imo.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:10 PM
Phantom07

I had flow's 40 on my car before my accident and the guy painted them black. so when they got replaced, they put the actual thunders on them. totally different sound. the thunders arent as loud. ANyway, i just put on bassani catted x pipe and wanted to change my axle backs. any suggestions. i want a more low aggressive sound. deff louder than stock, and perfect fit w/ easy install.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

I've tried a few, and I would recommend the SLP Powerflo's hands down. They are fairly loud, but not Loudmouth loud, the tone is deep, and they sound pissed off. The fit and finish is also beautiful. I had them on my '07 GT and I wish I had bought another set for this '09 (I wanted to try other sets -- sorry I did).

Here is a quick overview of the ones I've tried:

Flowmaster A/Ts - Good tone, barely louder than stock. No drone.

Mac mufflers - Loud, great deep tone. So much drone that I and my girlfriend got physically ill driving the car. Took them off in < 1 week, couldnt take it anymore.

MBRP - What I have on now. Good tone, little to no drone, not very loud though. I'd rate them as medium volume. Beautiful fit/finish. The only set I've tried that lined up perfectly with zero tweaks.

SLP Powerflo's - Awesome sound, medium-loud, excellent quality. My favorite of this bunch by a mile. Hardly anyone runs these, and I have no idea why. Little drone. They rock.
Old 08-11-2009, 10:05 AM
Phantom07

Slp powerflo's.mmm ok. i will def look into those. My main thing is getting a good muffler to compliment the x pipe. My flows sound like a honda civic at hight speeds when you get on her. I def want more of a muscle car sound, very deep, aggressive, and way louder than stock. not loud and obnoxious. and if SLP's are a good fit, then that will be in my top 3 choices.
Old 08-11-2009, 12:26 PM
Goldenpony
5th Gear Member

CORSA.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:26 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mudflap
I've tried a few, and I would recommend the SLP Powerflo's hands down. They are fairly loud, but not Loudmouth loud, the tone is deep, and they sound pissed off. The fit and finish is also beautiful. I had them on my '07 GT and I wish I had bought another set for this '09 (I wanted to try other sets -- sorry I did).

Here is a quick overview of the ones I've tried:

Flowmaster A/Ts - Good tone, barely louder than stock. No drone.

Mac mufflers - Loud, great deep tone. So much drone that I and my girlfriend got physically ill driving the car. Took them off in < 1 week, couldnt take it anymore.

MBRP - What I have on now. Good tone, little to no drone, not very loud though. I'd rate them as medium volume. Beautiful fit/finish. The only set I've tried that lined up perfectly with zero tweaks.

SLP Powerflo's - Awesome sound, medium-loud, excellent quality. My favorite of this bunch by a mile. Hardly anyone runs these, and I have no idea why. Little drone. They rock.

Got any vids with the MBRPs? I've loved what I've seen of those. These ought to be more popular.
Old 08-11-2009, 01:39 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

MBRP makes great quality stuff. i have the deletes and they look great. all polished SS front to back.
Old 08-11-2009, 06:03 PM
Mudflap
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
Got any vids with the MBRPs? I've loved what I've seen of those. These ought to be more popular.
To the OP, I used the Powerflos on an otherwise stock exhaust. Not sure how it'll sound with yours, that is hard to say.

shane, the MBRPs are nice quality. I wish they were louder though.

Here are a few vids, not the best quality, but whatever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTyWOI5NHOI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSXNKmxCb7E

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwyoGrX6DHo
Old 08-12-2009, 05:39 AM
overcome1236
2nd Gear Member

mac o/r h-pipe.....love it ... if u have manual and u really cant stand drone just drive in a higher gear at lower rpms but the drone doesnt bother me if im cruising on a highway long ill just put my radio louder

Quick Reply: Which Axle back