Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

To whipple or to Roush..THAT is the question.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2009, 02:38 PM
Xzibitstang

Originally Posted by Dobieman
I have no experience with either supercharger but am curious why Xzibitstang is in such a hurry to get to the speed limit?
We know an officer of the law wouldnt speed on the street in his personal vehicle and since warranty is an issue I didnt think this was a track application.

Lol, must be national pay your local law enforcement figure a happy comment day! Glad to see I have such great followers.

Back on topic:: I been reading up and the whipple does sound very tempting, however, im still leaning towards the Roush just for the warranty frame and I think the whipple would be overkill unless you are planning on doing some heavy racing. Just my 2 cents though.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:23 PM
skyboss_4evr
1st Gear Member

Couldn't be happier with my Roushcharger!
Old 08-31-2009, 03:35 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

when spending that much money, you may as well get something that is upgradable in case you want more down the line. it's like a drug, once you get a taste you'll want more.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Xzibitstang

Originally Posted by onederful100
when spending that much money, you may as well get something that is upgradable in case you want more down the line. it's like a drug, once you get a taste you'll want more.
I wouldn't know So i'm assuming the only upgradeable one is the Whipple, someone correct me if i'm totally off.
Old 08-31-2009, 04:22 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

they're all upgradable, its just that with the small displacement of the roushcharger you are limited to sub-500 rwhp.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:17 PM
wilkinda
2010 Section Moderator

The Roush TVS 2.3 L is a better option and the one I am interested in.

Warranties may be for suckers but since I get a 5yr 60K mile warranty for free..wy not use it? If I put the SC on and the engine fries do something freak say like a piston that was subpar..I want it covered!! I have 2 kids in college and don't want to shell out money I don't have to because I put on a SC that voided my warranty.
Old 08-31-2009, 05:29 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by wilkinda
The Roush TVS 2.3 L is a better option and the one I am interested in.

Warranties may be for suckers but since I get a 5yr 60K mile warranty for free..wy not use it? If I put the SC on and the engine fries do something freak say like a piston that was subpar..I want it covered!! I have 2 kids in college and don't want to shell out money I don't have to because I put on a SC that voided my warranty.
I'm with you. If I get a warranty I'm using it. My car is a daily driver too, so topping out at 500 hp would be alright with me.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:09 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

the 2.3 L roush TVS is not covered by warranty, only the 1.8L roushcharger.
Old 08-31-2009, 06:39 PM
Adam
4th Gear Member

How much boost does the 1.8L roushcharger generate and what are the gains?
Old 08-31-2009, 07:25 PM
Xcelsius
3rd Gear Member

The Roushcharger comes with a tune, but what if I added some more bolt ons that should net a little more after the supercharger, like headers? Can I have someone like brenspeed or bamachips tweak the tune that comes with the Roushcharger? Would the Roushcharger tune then be the factory tune that I could revert back to in case I needed to have warranty work performed?

Quick Reply: To whipple or to Roush..THAT is the question.