Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

BBR short block vs FRPP short block?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 04:49 PM
mike castaldo
2nd Gear Member

want a real motor contact jpc.. and get a RGR motor.. listen guys and gals.. motors arent about saving money its about makeing power for long time to come.. and you want to go with motors that r tested day in day out.. not saying the motor aren't good but face it do you rally want to go fast and do it reliably.. or you just want to save money.. you make the choice.. heres a link check my made JPC and RGR out..http://www.jpcracing.com/Home_Page.html

this is just some of what thay can do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1X_kv0Lngw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r3PUEwjkAE
Old 11-12-2009, 04:52 PM
mike castaldo
2nd Gear Member

here is justin and the new twin turbo stang thay just finished
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuz-fv1VarE

so go check them out and tell them mike castaldo sent you..
Old 11-12-2009, 06:30 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mike castaldo
want a real motor contact jpc.. and get a RGR motor.. listen guys and gals.. motors arent about saving money its about makeing power for long time to come.. and you want to go with motors that r tested day in day out.. not saying the motor aren't good but face it do you rally want to go fast and do it reliably.. or you just want to save money.. you make the choice.. heres a link check my made JPC and RGR out..]
holy smokes, you're running 11.2 NA???

I just checked out some of the short blocks on their site, looks bad ***...

http://store.jpcracing.com/Livernois...ock_p_226.html
Old 11-12-2009, 06:31 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

want a real motor contact jpc.. and get a RGR motor.. listen guys and gals.. motors arent about saving money its about makeing power for long time to come.. and you want to go with motors that r tested day in day out.. not saying the motor aren't good but face it do you rally want to go fast and do it reliably.. or you just want to save money.. you make the choice.. heres a link check my made JPC and RGR out..]
Old 11-15-2009, 03:49 PM
mike castaldo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
lol.. yeps.. all cause of the jpc crew.. and the man rich from RGR.. and thats with just a short block.. no heads.. and i got the first comp cams that where made for s197.. so i gots lots more.. i left the lights on 2 step at 6200rpm and can go up to 6700 no problems.. a sure way to 10's.. so there motors are the best in the business..point blank..
Old 11-16-2009, 02:22 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

lol.. yeps.. all cause of the jpc crew.. and the man rich from RGR.. and thats with just a short block.. no heads.. and i got the first comp cams that where made for s197.. so i gots lots more..
that's bad ***. Always great to have support and help from an outstanding team!

The most I have is the drive, resources, tools and a shop full of old timer mechanics.. now I just need the right knowledge and money lol.

Which short block are you running? I looked on their site for a bit and the only short blocks I seen where the Livernois ones.

It would be nice to run one of those built motors and get into the 11s, but something tells me theres still more to it then just the motor and slicks lol.. must be nice though.

(-:

So far, my plans looks like the FRPP aluminator and a Vortech V3 non-intercooled.. why the V3?

... because that's about how much money I'll have left after the motor lol.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:51 AM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

You can get the aluminator for $4000 shipped from tousley. My only plight with the aluminator is the low 8.7 compression, its going to need a lot of boost and with my 2.3 whipple, it won't be the best combination.

Pretty sure Justin at JPC put his S197 with an aluminator into the 9s. It is a very stout motor.
Old 11-18-2009, 03:52 PM
mike castaldo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
that's bad ***. Always great to have support and help from an outstanding team!

The most I have is the drive, resources, tools and a shop full of old timer mechanics.. now I just need the right knowledge and money lol.

Which short block are you running? I looked on their site for a bit and the only short blocks I seen where the Livernois ones.

It would be nice to run one of those built motors and get into the 11s, but something tells me theres still more to it then just the motor and slicks lol.. must be nice though.

(-:

So far, my plans looks like the FRPP aluminator and a Vortech V3 non-intercooled.. why the V3?

... because that's about how much money I'll have left after the motor lol.
4.6 stroker to 302 w ALUM RODS 14.5.1 light weight pistons. a custom crank with honda journials.. windage tray arp studs. mel oil pump. EVERYTHING IS COATED AND CRANK IS MICROWNITED so you can see there is alot more in here up top.. bullet proof bottom end.. the car has reved over 8000rpm . its set right now to 7500rpm and i shift at 7100/7200 i need some bigger cams.. and heads all said and done 10.50 with easy.. all motor..WOW.. and no power shifting if i do that 10.99 should come..

Last edited by mike castaldo; 11-18-2009 at 03:56 PM.
Old 11-18-2009, 04:08 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AmericanSpeed
You can get the aluminator for $4000 shipped from tousley. My only plight with the aluminator is the low 8.7 compression, its going to need a lot of boost and with my 2.3 whipple, it won't be the best combination.

Pretty sure Justin at JPC put his S197 with an aluminator into the 9s. It is a very stout motor.
How much boost is alot of boost?? I want something more then the basic bolt on supercharger on a stock motor (420whp_?)

I want 15-16psi daily driving, 18-19 psi at the track (without gernading anything)
Old 11-18-2009, 04:12 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

4.6 stroker to 302 w ALUM RODS 14.5.1 light weight pistons. a custom crank with honda journials.. windage tray arp studs. mel oil pump. EVERYTHING IS COATED AND CRANK IS MICROWNITED so you can see there is alot more in here up top.. bullet proof bottom end.. the car has reved over 8000rpm . its set right now to 7500rpm and i shift at 7100/7200 i need some bigger cams.. and heads all said and done 10.50 with easy.. all motor..WOW.. and no power shifting if i do that 10.99 should come..
jesus, that's one serious motor. Pretty sure it's out of my league right now lol..

I need something I can bolt up, add some heads and a blower and I'd be set.

At this point, I don't think I'd be able to truly appreciate the motor you just mentioned until I truly understand the modifications made.

10.50 is friggin' nuts!