Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Roush Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2009, 07:23 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Doogie65
It all depends on your long term goals. While both of these kits put down similar power, the Roush is very limited on top end potential, whereby the FRPP could easily be intercooled down the road. And since you are going to be spending ~$5K for either kit ( a little more for the FRPP), why not spend another $500 and get something with a lot more potential.

I may never push mine much past its current power level, but it is running super safe with 422RWHP and I only spent about $700 more than that Roush.
Yes, I can see your point. I didn't think of it that way because for me the Roush would be the final mod. I am too chicken about running more than 5 PSI of boost. So that is the basis for my thinking.

If you were to start with the FRPP setup and then later go further, I agree with you.

For me, the Roush is the way to go. Intercooled, plug and play, 5 PSI (Read:safe) level of boost and priced pretty decent.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:00 PM
WeinerDog
4th Gear Member

I've wondered about the 427R. The straight-line performance results from every review I've read are similar and not so impressive compared to a stock GT. I don't recall wheelspin being the issue.

???
Old 12-12-2009, 10:57 PM
Lax07
2nd Gear Member

My question is... well the new 5.0 also have the same problems the shelby and 427R have with getting power to the ground?
Old 12-12-2009, 11:40 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

I plan on doing the Roushcharger early next year. I will then be able to post up about getting my BFG's to grab the tar.

The 427R uses Coopers. Not the best tire for getting out of the whole I think.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:13 AM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Last edited by BruceH; 01-02-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-13-2009, 12:28 AM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BruceH
You might want to read the install manuals for both. They are availble online if you look. The Roush requires a bit of hacking to install.
I am talking about the electical and the Roush 2010 is all plug and play.

Any system that uses an intercooler is going to require a little under body mods. The FRPP does not have an intercooler unless you buy the HP unit.
Old 12-13-2009, 04:31 AM
sadface
2nd Gear Member

the mustang will always have wheelspin problems till they put some decently wide tires out back with a decent suspension even the supersnake all that money and its mostly wasting its power because it just spins wildly not that any supersnake owners have taken them out of trailers
Old 12-13-2009, 07:58 AM
JaggedEdge
1st Gear Member

Question

Originally Posted by FastDEW
I am planning on the 435hp Roushcharger early next year. I think it will be plenty. I am pretty sure the issue with not breaking into the 12's is all about traction, not power.

I have the really sticky BFG KDW's and with the new LCA's the car bites really hard. I think the biggest issue is guys lower the cars or even the 427R and if you do not use an LCA relocation kit, the LCA will tend to push up or lift the rear a bit, thereby creating less traction. Of course with the right tires it may not matter too much, but it is all a system. If you lose a little through the tire grip and lose a little through the LCA's you will not break into the 12's.

Just my thoughts anyway.
Pardon me, what is a LCA???
Old 12-13-2009, 08:10 AM
6+6 Stang
5th Gear Member

i think it means lower control arms, imo
Old 12-13-2009, 08:46 AM
Galactic
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by FastDEW
I plan on doing the Roushcharger early next year. I will then be able to post up about getting my BFG's to grab the tar.

The 427R uses Coopers. Not the best tire for getting out of the whole I think.
Roush and Cooper tire worked together for a specific new tire on the 427R. I'm pretty sure it rates as good as the big boys if not better. This was on the SpeedTV episode of the Roush Mustang that aired several times

Quick Reply: Roush Supercharger