Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Axle Back Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 08:38 PM
iceguyb14
3rd Gear Member

they do make the pypes for the 2010. i have it on my car. sounds great. minimal drone. best price by far. all stainless steel
Old 05-12-2010, 11:32 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

I have boom tubes for my car, nice and aggressive but no drone. the sound is pretty similar to just removing the exhaust (which I did for a little while ) but without the drone.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:46 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I don't mind the drone from my FRPP Stingers. But some people are more sensitive, I suppose.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:33 PM
Brody1

Default Problem After Install of Axle Back Exhaust

Has anyone had any problems with fueling their vehicle after installing after market exhaust. I know it sound crazy but within a few days of installing the Pypes violators on my 08 GT/CS the "service engine soon" light came on and I've had trouble fueling the car. It won't take gas at any of the pump handle settings and I have to trickle it in. I've tried a couple of different gas stations and always the same problem. It's in the shop for this problem now since it's still under warranty. Just wondering if it was coincidental or what.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:35 PM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

I put the Pype's Violators on my '09 GT. It was exactly the sound I was looking for. Quiet at idle and loud when you open it up. I will say that you get a small amount of drone @ 1800 rpm's, but nothing that is annoying. I am not sure about the '10 but on my '09 I went ahead and sprung for the polished ones. You can see a lot more of them than you think you can. Also I did not need the hanger kit. Mine went on with little or no hastle. I did have to put a strap wrench on the driver's side and pull it down a little, but it was no big deal.
Old 05-14-2010, 06:07 AM
Heat00
1st Gear Member

wow, lots of good reviews for the pypes... i am fairly new here and looking for axle back on my 2010... had my mind set on flowmasters... the 3 chamber, quiter ones...
is that a bad choice?
any way to really hear the pypes somehow??

any of you in south florida?
Old 05-14-2010, 07:24 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Brody1
Has anyone had any problems with fueling their vehicle after installing after market exhaust. I know it sound crazy but within a few days of installing the Pypes violators on my 08 GT/CS the "service engine soon" light came on and I've had trouble fueling the car. It won't take gas at any of the pump handle settings and I have to trickle it in. I've tried a couple of different gas stations and always the same problem. It's in the shop for this problem now since it's still under warranty. Just wondering if it was coincidental or what.
You must have looked at the car funny. They're very sensitive, you know. Try sending it flowers or candy.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:50 AM
mapitts
3rd Gear Member

If you are wanting to listen to a certain muffler on your Mustang, look on YouTube. Lots and lots of stuff there. That and if you see someone out there with a sound you like, don't be afraid of asking them what it is they have and how they like it. You are in a brotherhood!!!! Do not be afraid to ask someone on the street a question!!
Old 05-14-2010, 10:14 AM
Brody1

Default Update on Problem after installing Pypes

Just wanted to update the forum on the problem I expierienced after installing the Pypes violators. I tried "Nuke's" suggestion. Flowers and candy did not solve it. Took it to Ford dealer, "vent tube assembly" needs replacement but part not in stock (of course). Not associated with the mufflers at all the service rep believes. Have to be careful what you install if your car is still under warranty. He said axle back exhaust is fine but when you get into "Cat Backs" could void your warranty, programmers and chips, definitely void your warranty.
Old 05-14-2010, 07:05 PM
cidsamuth
2nd Gear Member

Warranty vs. Mod discussion is a whole different beast. Do a search and you'll see it's been beat to death. I write that with no intention to be snippy.

As for the best exhaust without drone, that too has been hit pretty hard. The only way to "guarantee" against drone is to keep stock or pay the premium for Corsas. With anything else, you chance it, and it varies by tune, gearing, and which way the wind blows.

I have the Roush O/R, and I have no drone. Others have reported unbearable drone.

Quick Reply: Axle Back Exhaust