Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

LCA's? Good brands but not expensive?

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 10:41 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by shanec
I've heard of people getting good results from GT500 LCA's. Yeah, they don't look as great on paper with all the name brand aftermarket marketing material. But I hear get the job done.

If I have wheel hop after lowering, my first try is going to be some GT500 takeoff LCA's.
They are OK if you can find them really cheap. I put a set on a customer 07 Saleen Xtreme he didn't like them, still too squigley.
Old 06-17-2010, 11:32 PM
dkersten
2nd Gear Member

I never had an issue with wheel hop (probably because of the 20's with less bounce in the tire), but I went with J&M on the LCA's (not sure if they are making them anymore) but did CHE's on the relocation brackets. I initially had a delay in getting the CHE parts, but called them and expressed my dissatisfaction with them not arriving before the weekend and they next day aired them for no extra charge. I didn't even ask, just told them I was disappointed. Great company to deal with and great product. Install was too easy to have to pay a mechanic to do it (although I payed to have the upper done). hardest part was breaking the old bolts loose.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:35 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

I'm doing the relocation bracket install right now, using the UMI pieces, and the hardest part so far has been trying to get the bracket aligned on the mount properly. It slips over the mount but it's pretty tight and the holes don't want to align right. I twisted it around with my hands last night and tapped it with a mallet but eventually gave up on it. If the panhard bolt hole aligned then something else would be off and vice versa. Pain in the ***.

I'm trying again tonight to see if I can get it aligned right.
Old 06-18-2010, 08:44 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
I'm doing the relocation bracket install right now, using the UMI pieces, and the hardest part so far has been trying to get the bracket aligned on the mount properly. It slips over the mount but it's pretty tight and the holes don't want to align right. I twisted it around with my hands last night and tapped it with a mallet but eventually gave up on it. If the panhard bolt hole aligned then something else would be off and vice versa. Pain in the ***.

I'm trying again tonight to see if I can get it aligned right.
They will never line up no matter what brand, those flimsy brackets Ford uses aren't the most square mounted parts, you will need to elongate the holes
Old 06-18-2010, 09:07 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

So this thread made me think about a question i have been wondering about. Why would you want adjustable lcas compared to non adjustable? I get the reason for an adjustable uca when you are lowered. Is the adj lca for the same thing?
Old 06-19-2010, 05:48 PM
SpartaPerformance
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
So this thread made me think about a question i have been wondering about. Why would you want adjustable lcas compared to non adjustable? I get the reason for an adjustable uca when you are lowered. Is the adj lca for the same thing?
NO! The ONLY reason to have adjustable LCA's is for track. If you're on a round track you can skew the rear to make the car turn better etc... They are totally useless on street.
Old 06-19-2010, 06:20 PM
shanec
4th Gear Member

I think there are LCA relocation brackets out there that don't fit the LCAs very well. An adjustable might be handy there.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Daryl06
2nd Gear Member

I have Edelbrock with a poly bushing at one end and a spherical type bushing/bearing at the other end with two grease fittings per arm.I have really noticed a difference in traction. No difference in noise at all. 219 per pair at Spider Performance automotive..Can't say about wheel hop I have never experienced it.
Old 06-19-2010, 08:51 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Originally Posted by SpartaPerformance
NO! The ONLY reason to have adjustable LCA's is for track. If you're on a round track you can skew the rear to make the car turn better etc... They are totally useless on street.
I always heard adjustables are good for lowered vehicles.
Not just the track.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 06-19-2010 at 09:04 PM.
Old 06-19-2010, 09:34 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Get a set of LCAs with a zirk fitting that you can grease with a grease gun instead of having to take the parts out to grese properly.

Quick Reply: LCA's? Good brands but not expensive?