Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Vortech season finale review 2010

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 10:14 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
Ditto.. the V3 is very bipolar in terms of performance. When it's cool, it pulls hard. When it's hot, it feels like all the boost is bypassed. Thanks for the input on meth injection.. thought about that too, but going with an air to air intercooler instead.

mine is located in the second bottom intake passage on the manifold per brenspeeds instructions. I thought about putting it elsewhere, not sure where...

lol the tuners up here are very far and few. The ones that do mostly deal with imports. The ones that do not, are the best, though they are very choosy in whom they deal business with.. not shaddy, just very choosy. It's different up here in AK. Mail order tunes are my only bet. We have a dyno at our tech shop at the university, but it's off limits for this sort of stuff other than seeing how much whp a car has.

Winter is right around the corner so I am pretty much done for this season. I am definetly getting an intercooler and DRs next season. I was gonna sell this kit, but not til later on. It's a great kit and will put me where I want to be, eventually.
Here is a thought. I have done this with my buddy.

He rents or uses a dyno and has the tuner standing by to read datalogs of the car while it is on the dyno. He data logs a 4th gear pull, emails it to the tuner, tuner reads and ask AF questions then makes an adjustment to the tune. Emails it back and do it all over again. Just a thought.

If there enough mustangs up there that need tuning, he will fly in and tune them. We have done that twice.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:24 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
Here is a thought. I have done this with my buddy.

He rents or uses a dyno and has the tuner standing by to read datalogs of the car while it is on the dyno. He data logs a 4th gear pull, emails it to the tuner, tuner reads and ask AF questions then makes an adjustment to the tune. Emails it back and do it all over again. Just a thought.

If there enough mustangs up there that need tuning, he will fly in and tune them. We have done that twice.
That's a great idea. I might actually have to do that when I get an intercooler and running more boost. Right now though I am right about to pull the blower due to winter time though so anything I do right now, will not continue until late April of '11. With all that new found boost I will be getting next year, I'd feel safer with everything dialed in rather than running it hog rich just to be safe rofl

You guys flew up to Alaska/Canada area?? Now that's how to do business!

Last edited by stealth_GT; 08-16-2010 at 10:27 AM.
Old 08-16-2010, 11:03 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Soooo, heres the breakdown...

(14.2)14.5/14.7@98mph Stock

(13.2)13.4/13.5 @102/103 CAI/tune

(13.2)13.3/13.4@102/104 CAI/tune,4.10s, JBA shorty headers, delete plates

(12.5) 12.8/13.0@105/109 Vortech V3 Non-intercooled + above mods
Old 08-16-2010, 09:28 PM
2007VortechRoush

heat soak is real bad here in las vegas nevada, I have a 2007 Mustang gt with the vortech v3 standard first pass 13.5 all passes after due to heat soak 14.00 13.99 lol so I installed a meth kit we will see how this helps come this friday.
Old 08-16-2010, 10:58 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth_GT
That's a great idea. I might actually have to do that when I get an intercooler and running more boost. Right now though I am right about to pull the blower due to winter time though so anything I do right now, will not continue until late April of '11. With all that new found boost I will be getting next year, I'd feel safer with everything dialed in rather than running it hog rich just to be safe rofl

You guys flew up to Alaska/Canada area?? Now that's how to do business!
He ios flexible, but it needs to be worth his time. So you are looking at getting 6-8 cars tuned and then he would consider.

Your idea of getting tuned after the intercooler and such is absolutely the way to go. Saves money for sure. Let me know when you needs his info and I will shoot it over to you.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:10 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
He ios flexible, but it needs to be worth his time. So you are looking at getting 6-8 cars tuned and then he would consider.

Your idea of getting tuned after the intercooler and such is absolutely the way to go. Saves money for sure. Let me know when you needs his info and I will shoot it over to you.
I completely understand. It's like that up here too. If you're not tight with the tuners or some kind of "crew".. forget it.. you're on your own pretty much.

Money talks and Bullsh1t walks lol

It sucks, but it is what it is.. they are old timers stuck in their ways, so it's all good. I get it.

I am on my final year in the Ford Assets program at the local tech school so hopefully I'll learn a thing or two about tuning.

I can handle my own if it's mechanical work.. that's no big deal, but when you talk about A/F ratios, gearing or electronics.. I am lost.

Yeah, I know... I have so much more to learn and it has nothing to do with going as fast as I can in a straight line. Unless it's a DUI test, then I am on point rofl