Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

specific exhaust combo

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 02:26 PM
modru2004
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by stealth32
nope still waiting on someone to make my day lol yea i checked that site they 'even have pypes on it

there's really no one that has this specific set up. Like i said i searched alot and i couldnt find it anywhere. Guess ill be the first? which i hardly doubt
http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-foru...-mid-pipe.html heres some similar setups.

Last edited by modru2004; 09-25-2011 at 02:29 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:44 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

I'm ordering the same setup myself. I too have the Macs on my car right now. Will be installing the Detroit Rocker cam also. I guess whichever of us gets it all installed first can post up a video or 10.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:24 PM
stealth32
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ffk_pennywise
I'm ordering the same setup myself. I too have the Macs on my car right now. Will be installing the Detroit Rocker cam also. I guess whichever of us gets it all installed first can post up a video or 10.
sounds good to me mine wont prob be up for another month
Old 10-09-2011, 01:14 AM
graystanggt
1st Gear Member

I wish I had a way to make a video for you, but I dont. I have the pypes long tube headers with h pipe but i have high flow cats and i just put mac axlebacks on. I love the sound. If you like loud your going to really like this set up. Even with the high flow cats I have to really take it easy around town. Still kinda paranoid about getting a noise violation. And I ordered my headers from Brenspeed but they did come with a 02 extension. I didnt need anything else with them.
Old 10-09-2011, 08:03 AM
stealth32
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by graystanggt
I wish I had a way to make a video for you, but I dont. I have the pypes long tube headers with h pipe but i have high flow cats and i just put mac axlebacks on. I love the sound. If you like loud your going to really like this set up. Even with the high flow cats I have to really take it easy around town. Still kinda paranoid about getting a noise violation. And I ordered my headers from Brenspeed but they did come with a 02 extension. I didnt need anything else with them.
can you borrow someones camera for the day lol that sucks i would really like to hear it. Is there a reason why you put high flow cats on with the header o/r h pipe set up besides getting a noise violation
Old 10-09-2011, 09:48 AM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

I picked my car up from the mechanic yesterday afternoon. Unfortunately there seems to be something wrong with my Brenspeed tune. The car wont idle. You have to keep it revved up to keep it running. I limped it home 30 miles. No power even on the highway. Still sick to my stomach over it.

As for the sound. LOUD. Way too loud for me. Very raspy. Maybe when the tune gets lined out I'll feel different, but for now I'm not liking it at all. I definitely want to get cats back on and probably a quieter muffler. Maybe go back to flowmasters or stock. Gonna have to research. But getting it actually running is job 1.
Old 10-11-2011, 09:07 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

Update: Got the car running today after working with Brenspeed. Long story short, if those guys tell you to try something, then you should try it right away. It was as easy as cleaning my throttle body to get the car running. Strange but true. While I dont care for the exhaust note being discussed in this forum, the sound of the cams loping at a stoplight is simply amazing.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:59 PM
stealth32
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ffk_pennywise
Update: Got the car running today after working with Brenspeed. Long story short, if those guys tell you to try something, then you should try it right away. It was as easy as cleaning my throttle body to get the car running. Strange but true. While I dont care for the exhaust note being discussed in this forum, the sound of the cams loping at a stoplight is simply amazing.

That's great that the cars working right again. Its crazy that a simple cleaning of your throttle body did the job. Cant wait to get my cams in that's after i get the headers and h pipe on of course. BTW anyone have any clips of this set up still. I'm in disbelieve still lol.

Also this is a long shot but does anyone know what exhaust set up this guy got...not for me for my dads friend who owns a '12 shelby gt500
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_LbB...el_video_title