Notices
4.6L V8 Technical Discussions Any questions about engine, transmission, or gearing can be asked here!

Modification Tips?

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 09:11 PM
R1derlin

Default Modification Tips?

Hello I am new to the website, in fact this is my first post. Now I live in California which really sucks for Modification reasons, but I MIGHT have a hook up at smog. Currently I drive a 2008 mustang gt with Ford Racing lowering springs, Stage 1 Comp Cam, JBA Shorty Headers, BBK 62mm Throttlebody with a BBK Cold Air Induction system, as well as a Diablo Tuner. My question is what else do you recommend me to do that isnt Forced Induction. I've looked at adding the Ford Racing High Performance Intake Manifold they say it works great with the Cams + Throttle Body, Any tips or suggestions would be Great! Thank you!
Old 12-13-2011, 09:18 AM
outceltj
5th Gear Member

do not do a throttle body if your gonna do something do gears and if your a auto get a torque convertor. suspension also would be good
Old 12-13-2011, 02:48 PM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

+1 on the gears.

The intake will be nice with the cams and throttle body as you mentioned also.

I don't know how good your hook up is but if you could swing long tube headers you should see some more power over the shorties but I don't know how much.

I would like to see some numbers from you to help give me an idea of how much power I could get out of mine with similar parts. Have you dynoed your car or thought about it by chance?
Old 12-13-2011, 06:44 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Since you're not going FI, you've done what will get you the most power already but you DO have a few things to add a little ummphh.

Dump the shorties for LT's if you can. With the cams, the LT's should add another 10 or so RWHP. Cams and LT's are a sweet combo that feed on one another.

The afternarket TB doesn't do much unless you're FI but if it's not giving you problems, then leave well enouigh alone. Non-OE TB's are a known pain.

A few other minor gains (HP free-up, actually) would be UDP's, aluminum DS, electric water pump...

Of course, you could always do internal work but you may as well spend the money going FI.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:59 PM
R1derlin

Originally Posted by ZPounds07GT
+1 on the gears.

The intake will be nice with the cams and throttle body as you mentioned also.

I don't know how good your hook up is but if you could swing long tube headers you should see some more power over the shorties but I don't know how much.

I would like to see some numbers from you to help give me an idea of how much power I could get out of mine with similar parts. Have you dynoed your car or thought about it by chance?

It is going on the Dyno on Monday, we are re-tuning it I will let you know what kind of power it lays down.

and thanks all for the advice I will bring all this to the shop im at and see what they say they pretty much said the same things as most of you.
Old 12-14-2011, 03:43 PM
R1derlin

Originally Posted by R1derlin
It is going on the Dyno on Monday, we are re-tuning it I will let you know what kind of power it lays down.

and thanks all for the advice I will bring all this to the shop im at and see what they say they pretty much said the same things as most of you.

and nvm on that Dyno I wont be able to get in there until Wednesday-Friday next week
Old 12-19-2011, 10:30 AM
ZPounds07GT
3rd Gear Member

Alright man, I'm not in any rush. It's going to be a while before I make any big decisions on performance mods.