5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

nos and hyper eutectic pistons??

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 11:37 PM
93BlackNotch
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: nos and hyper eutectic pistons??

ORIGINAL: vtecwho

how do you figure it will restore compression and make the piston rings seal better?

Why the **** do you come on here and ask questions about something you don't know about, then when people give you answers you start doubting them... If the car is tuned for nitrous it won't hurt it... Try a google, E-mail a nitrous company, but dont come on here calling it nos, NOS is a company, you want a Zex kit, it's called Nitrous.... Anyway, Retard the timing 2 degrees for every 25hp, add some fuel pressure, and enjoy your new found power...
Old 05-21-2006, 01:42 PM
Mustang#2
1st Gear Member

Guys,

The 92 that running the 110 or 150 or what ever it is , has stock FORGED internals. In 1993 Ford began using HyperUcraptic pistons so the original poster and myself have Hypereutetic pistions. I would run no more that a 75 shot on the stock 93 and above lower end. This is probably a little conservative, but no one wants to send a rod through the block. If you do add the 75 shot make sure you have the fuel system to support it ie. fuel pump, adjustable regulator etc. That will really help keep you from going lean.

On another note:

but dont come on here calling it nos, NOS is a company, you want a Zex kit, it's called Nitrous....
THANK YOU!!!

That stupid "fast and the Furious" movie got all these guys calling it "NOS"pronounced NAUSS. That is a brand, Nitrous Oxide Systems owned by Holly. The ZeX kits, Nitrous Express kits and the NOS kits pronounced N- O- S.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:45 PM
Mustang#2
1st Gear Member

Guys,

The 92 that running the 110 or 150 or what ever it is , has stock FORGED internals. In 1993 Ford began using HyperUcraptic pistons so the original poster and myself have Hypereutetic pistions. I would run no more that a 75 shot on the stock 93 and above lower end. This is probably a little conservative, but no one wants to send a rod through the block. If you do add the 75 shot make sure you have the fuel system to support it ie. fuel pump, adjustable regulator etc. That will really help keep you from going lean.

On another note:

but dont come on here calling it nos, NOS is a company, you want a Zex kit, it's called Nitrous....
THANK YOU!!!

That stupid "fast and the Furious" movie got all these guys calling it "NOS"pronounced NAUSS. That is a brand, Nitrous Oxide Systems owned by Holly. The ZeX kits, Nitrous Express kits and the NOS kits pronounced N- O- S. CALL IT NITROUS!! If you want a shorter way of typing it call it N02 or what ever.
Old 05-21-2006, 01:57 PM
myshifter
I ♥ Acer

just to clarify for everyone saying "Forged Internals" Ford uses cast crank and rod, the only difference was a forged piston or the hyper. They used a hyper piston as you can run a much tighter piston to bore clearance and get alot more life out of the shortblock. You can spray 100-125 on ANY production 302 ford has made in the last 2 decades easily
Old 05-21-2006, 03:12 PM
vtecwho
3rd Gear Member

sorry about the term gentle men (nos as opposed to zex), didnt mean to make people mad. the reason why im on here is becasue i dont know much about the cars or products and was trying to do a bit of research on different things... and i was not doubting his knowledge about weather or not the pistion rings will seal and compression will be boosted, i was simply questioning him so that maybe he would explain it. thats why im here... to learn. not everyone starts off knowing everything.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:19 PM
vtecwho
3rd Gear Member

i do appreciate the help fellas, thanks for the replies.

Old 05-21-2006, 04:06 PM
dtuna42
1st Gear Member

I bought a 1987 5.0 LX Coupe used in 1989 with 40,000 miles. With a couple of bolt-ons, 3.27 gears (up from 2.73's), Flowmasters, and 150hp shot of NOS (the NOS brand kit with a secondary in line fuel pump) I ran consistent 12.40's @ 112mph at the track, and raced every weekend at the "street races" near the Philly airport and stadium areas. I did this for 4 years until I traded the car in with 75,000 miles on a new 1993 SVT Cobra. The only damage I ever did to the car was I blew out 3rd gear and Reverse, during a race. I think it happened because I was so far out in front of the other car in 3rd, I lifted my foot off the throttle, and I guess too much torque rebounded off of the gear. It was fixed under warranty - I took the bottle out of the trunk, swapped my cheaters off of the back and put on the regular tires, and the tranny shop manager left the car up on the lift for the inspector, and they never noticed a thing.

I put a 9lb Powerdyne blower on the Cobra, along with an entire exhaust sytem and booster fuel pump, and that ran consistent 12.20's on the same cheaters, 12.7 on the Gatorbacks, both trap speeds in the 113-114mph range. No problems with this car until I sold it in 1999 when my wife got pregnant.........

Anyway, my point is that as far as I'm concerned, those 5.0 engines are pretty much bullet proof up to about 500hp or so. If you treat them right, they will treat you right. By treating them right, I'm suggesting you keep the fluids fresh, and think about using synthetic fluids anywhere you can (I used Mobil 1 back then), and make sure you pump up the fuel pressure, retard the timing, and use colder plugs with power adders. If you hear ANY detonation (aka knocking & pinging), you need to change somehting. If you follow those simple rules, you should very few problems.