5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

rust repair

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 09:22 PM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

Default rust repair

im getting some rust spots on my rear wheel wells, and around the bass of my spoiler. I'm pretty sure under neath the spoiler is rusted pretty bad so i'll probably buy a fiberglass hatch. but for the rear wheel wells, what would you guys recomend doing? just sanding it down, priming it, and repainting the spots? keep in mind im on a budget of ..10 dollars
Old 05-29-2006, 09:31 PM
5.0 MPG
4th Gear Member

Default RE: rust repair

[IMG]local://upfiles/26004/0CB5995E79D340EFBE9DA15BB144E765.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-29-2006, 09:32 PM
lookinforastang
I ♥ Acer

if its rotted thru the paint probably needs repair panels welded in

i bubbles on my driver side wheel well lip and surface rust on the other side

its also the original paint tho so
Old 05-29-2006, 10:19 PM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

thats what i have. and a little bit of surface up on the hatch. nothing major though.
Old 05-29-2006, 11:35 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

por 15 is awesome!
Old 05-30-2006, 01:22 AM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

you got some options...most not cheap...for the most part...rust is never cheap when you have to remove it..either in labor or in money your *** is gonna pay. But, POR 15 is awesome. Stuff is tough as hell to. Id coat my entire car in it if i was rich as hell....lol. You can go to Eastwood.com or eastwoodcompany or something like that...not sure....but they sell it. Or you can just sand it out, or get a wire wheel for a drill and get it down to the bare metal and make sure its ALL gone, if you leave one speck its going to come back after a while trust me. Then get some rust proof primer or something like that from Advanced auto and seal it with that.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:32 AM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

ORIGINAL: 88stangaruu

you got some options...most not cheap...for the most part...rust is never cheap when you have to remove it..either in labor or in money your *** is gonna pay. But, POR 15 is awesome. Stuff is tough as hell to. Id coat my entire car in it if i was rich as hell....lol. You can go to Eastwood.com or eastwoodcompany or something like that...not sure....but they sell it. Or you can just sand it out, or get a wire wheel for a drill and get it down to the bare metal and make sure its ALL gone, if you leave one speck its going to come back after a while trust me. Then get some rust proof primer or something like that from Advanced auto and seal it with that.

my brother did coated his 69 cougar in por 15 then did there primer it cost about 300bucks but as tough as everyone says it is it will be worth it! we sprayed it out of a paint gun with there specific reducer!
Old 05-30-2006, 01:38 AM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rmodel65

ORIGINAL: 88stangaruu

my brother did coated his 69 cougar in por 15 then did there primer it cost about 300bucks but as tough as everyone says it is it will be worth it! we sprayed it out of a paint gun with there specific reducer!

lol....that car will survive nuclear war now.
Old 05-30-2006, 01:40 AM
FiveLiterRiceEater
5th Gear Member

hmm what is por 15
Old 05-30-2006, 01:45 AM
88stangaruu
5th Gear Member

its kinda like that JB weld, thats the closest thing i can think of.......its hard as hell and completely seals rust from furthur oxidation. Its stops it in simple terms...and it does a damn good job to.

Quick Reply: rust repair