5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

May Be Buying NOS... Today? (JUST BOUGHT IT)

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 08:00 PM
Bad Karma
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: May Be Buying NOS... Today?

I can't believe what N2O goes for on EBay....

Maybe there is a method to the madness of everyone dropping their systems.

There are some deals out there that one cannot discount.

Makes you at lease think about it, and it is EASY HP.

-Ivan
Old 06-12-2006, 09:34 PM
nitrous_bob
6th Gear Member

what the mother F@CK is going on here ? i am baffled by these responses

#1 that nx kit is wet not dry, see the dual inlet spray nozzle?
#2 where in gods name is a remote bottle opener shown or mentioned on the NX kit ? i see a bottle guage thats it
#3 how does spending $300 now for juice compare to $1500 now for heads ? he said $$$$ was an issue ????

i would get the NOS kit, it's the new bottle (you can tell by the color and sticker....blue anodized not painted, chrome edges on the sticker)

the fp safety switch is STANDARD in the NOS kit so it has it too. that offsets the cost of the bottle guage

it has a NX purge kit on it, thats $100 in extras so for $310 (assuming your the only bidder which i think you would be...) you'll get $650 in parts for $310 for an almost brand new kit

if wet is your style ? then go for the NX

you won't hurt anything and can learn easily, there is nothing to it.
it's an extremely safe way to make power , don't listen to all the ghost stories. people give give advice on what they know ABSOLUTELY nothing of.

i'm spraying my 3rd car incident free, all of which had over 100k on them ( i also used all dry kits...2 NOS , 1 ZEX)

Old 06-12-2006, 09:38 PM
Bad Karma
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: nitrous_bob

what the mother F@CK is going on here ? i am baffled by these responses

#1 that nx kit is wet not dry, see the dual inlet spray nozzle?
#2 where in gods name is a remote bottle opener shown or mentioned on the NX kit ? i see a bottle guage thats it
#3 how does spending $300 now for juice compare to $1500 now for heads ? he said $$$$ was an issue ????

i would get the NOS kit, it's the new bottle (you can tell by the color and sticker....blue anodized not painted, chrome edges on the sticker)

the fp safety switch is STANDARD in the NOS kit so it has it too. that offsets the cost of the bottle guage

it has a NX purge kit on it, thats $100 in extras so for $310 (assuming your the only bidder which i think you would be...) you'll get $650 in parts for $310 for an almost brand new kit

if wet is your style ? then go for the NX

you won't hurt anything and can learn easily, there is nothing to it.
it's an extremely safe way to make power , don't listen to all the ghost stories. people give give advice on what they know ABSOLUTELY nothing of.

i'm spraying my 3rd car incident free, all of which had over 100k on them ( i also used all dry kits...2 NOS , 1 ZEX)

I was the one who thought I saw a RBO. I'm sorry that I'm not familiar with the NX kit. From one of the pictures, it looks like one. That's all I said.

I would jump on the N2O kit in a heartbeat if I was limited by cash.

-Ivan
Old 06-13-2006, 01:51 AM
5.0FoxBody
2nd Gear Member

I love you nitrous_bob... lol...in a purely...non homosexual way... I just got that NOS kit...I WON...I'm so stoked now. Dunno what to do w/ all the energy... I have 100 hp comin to me in like...a week and a half.. lol Hey nit. bob...you could help me w/ the install and stuff...right? [&:] God I hope so... lol I'M SO STOKED
Old 06-13-2006, 03:26 AM
5.0FoxBody
2nd Gear Member

Should I buy a air/fuel ratio gauge? And a bottle pressure gauge? Also...should I run the 100 hp jet? or would the 75 hp jet be better for my engine? Many Thanks!
Old 06-13-2006, 05:19 AM
Hung Like a Stang
4th Gear Member

+1 Nitrous bob is the shyt!

I have a similar question, is an a/f guage necessary, or just look cool? I mean it reads off of 02 sensors right? So if you have an o/r h or x pipe, it'd show you're running rich anyway right?
Old 06-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Sprayin86
1st Gear Member

The A/F gauge definitely gives me a little peace of mind. Its definitely money well spent.
ORIGINAL: Hung Like a Stang

+1 Nitrous bob is the shyt!

I have a similar question, is an a/f guage necessary, or just look cool? I mean it reads off of 02 sensors right? So if you have an o/r h or x pipe, it'd show you're running rich anyway right?