5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

what injectors and throttlebody size? turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 11:43 PM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

Default RE: what injectors and throttlebody size? turbo

ORIGINAL: FullAuto

ORIGINAL: turbostang21

+1....i know first hand...this is mine

https://mustangforums.com/m_1636512/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm
Nice numbers. I also had to let out @ 5700rpm because of a blown header gasket. Untuned, I made a few ponies over 600rwhp @ 13psi without my meth injection. I think with the meth and an extra 4psi, I'd be right in the ballpark with you.

Now I've swapping intakes, cams and pulley (I'm supercharged) to see how far I can push the pump gas limits. How aggressive is your cam? Where are the braided lines coming out of your valve covers going? Do you have an evac pump?
thanks man...did you dyno on a mustang dyno or a dynojet? reason i ask is my stang made 719whp on a dynojet and then "only" 613whp on this mustang dyno with the only changes being going from a blow thru maf to a draw thru setup. this was at about 10psi but a much more aggressive timing curve then i'm currently running. i know this is higher percentage difference then normal (most use 10-14%) but it's my personal experience, so the differences between the two dynos can be huge. also it felt must stronger after the tune on the mustang dyno, so it wasn't the tune. now im running 17psi but only 18 degrees total timing so there is a good bit more power at this boost level if i wanted my tuner to get aggressive with the timing. i can't find the exact specs on my cam (since im so organized) but it's not too crazy. those lines just go to a catch can. good luck with your new setup...let me/us know how it goes.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:46 AM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

Mine was done on a Dynojet, so there could be a bit of a difference there too. But my car is about to be tore into so I hope to break the 700rwhp barrier when it's back together in a month or so.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:59 AM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

definitely a difference but how much depends on how the dyno is setup. how much do you drive on the street? i used to want to get much more power...but in reality there is only so much you can actually use on the street. without et streets on i can't keep the tires from breaking loose even in 4th gear (im going to try et street radials next on my cobra rims). never tried to boost 5th hard for obvious reasons but w/ how easily it does 4th i wouldn't be surprised if i kicked out. sounds cool but it gets old fast. spinning isn't winning and it can be downright dangerous if you don't know what you're doing or even if you slip up for just a second. it is awesome on a good tire though if you're an adrenaline junky like myself...scares the crap out of everybody else though well all this isn't anything new to you since you have a 600whp stang (my fault i almost forgot)!!! so i guess it's going to be a long month or so for you eh...not sure where you're from but it's a tough time of year to have your toy out of commision just about anywhere...git er done
Old 07-14-2006, 02:18 AM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

I don't drive it as much as I'd like, but it gets driven quite a bit for a 600rwhp street car. I drove it tonight and yesterday, but it's been raining here lately so it's spent a lot of time in the garage. I probably put 6-8k miles a year on it (I put 15k+ on it when it only made 428rwhp). I drive 24 miles one way to work and have to leave at 5AM, so I usually only take it on every other Friday or something like that. The neighbors sure don't appreciate me starting it at 5AM. It's just a toy. I like to deliver nitrous to my accounts across the city in it since they are all performance shops.

I know this isn't the best time to tear it apart, but I'm trying to make some races in the fall so it's got to be now. The reason it's going to take so long is I have to get the heads down to the machine shop to have the current setup measured, order valve springs, have the heads reassembled, put the car back together, test drive it to check the stall speed after the changes, tear the convertor out of it to be shipped off and restalled, put it back together again. So I'll have to wait for valve springs and having the convertor adjusted. I'm hoping it's only a month but it may be longer.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:22 AM
FullAuto
5th Gear Member

Oh, and I run ET Street radials all the time. They are the only tires I own for it. I drive the street and race on them. I'm also drive fairly mild though. I can go several days and never make the boost guage move. My city/highway average (with a C4 so highway isn't that great) is ~12mpg. I've gotten as much as 14mpg when I made a conscience attempt to max out my mpg.