5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

Should I just get an LS1?

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 06:45 AM
stanger88
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Should I just get an LS1?

I cut the picture out and had to figure out how your forum uses HTML code to do the quotes, I figured it out
[quote opens them and /quote ends them]
As I always say, I am very ignorant, but also very quick to learn.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:47 AM
Does Not Exist
4th Gear Member

meh, regardless...screw GM. only good thing they can do is the new vettes...other than that they suck major donkey dick.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:51 AM
stanger88
I ♥ Acer

IMHO GM owns at this point, I have spent 15K to get ALMOST as fast as my old trans am was. Let alone an LS1. I am majorly pissed at ford for making such a nutless car. Again, if this carb fixes it, all is forgiven, but imho the 05 GT's are lacking about 50 rwhp, I used to sell them and thought the interiors were VERY nice, handling was VERY wallowy, but the car WAS stable, the engine just lacked the hp/tq to move the new HMS Mustang the way it needed to be (read: to be as fast or faster than GM's comparable product of 8 years ago)
Old 07-22-2006, 06:56 AM
Does Not Exist
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stanger88

IMHO GM owns at this point, I have spent 15K to get ALMOST as fast as my old trans am was. Let alone an LS1. I am majorly pissed at ford for making such a nutless car. Again, if this carb fixes it, all is forgiven, but imho the 05 GT's are lacking about 50 rwhp, I used to sell them and thought the interiors were VERY nice, handling was VERY wallowy, but the car WAS stable, the engine just lacked the hp/tq to move the new HMS Mustang the way it needed to be (read: to be as fast or faster than GM's comparable product of 8 years ago)
Yeah, GM really owns...let's see what cars they're producing to run with the Mustang....oh that's right, the only car they had was the GTO and that was discontinued.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:58 AM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

well dude i have no idea what to say, as i don't know shizz about carbs, hopefully the tech gurus will chime in soon... but one of my buddies as a very similar set-up to yours and it runs high 12s (best was 12.72) and that's on street tires with very minimal suspension work, but it's EFI... good luck with all that, and if all else fails, just go back to GM ...maybe you're just not meant to have a ford.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:58 AM
stanger88
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: boostin95cobra

ORIGINAL: stanger88

Yeah, GM really owns...let's see what cars they're producing to run with the Mustang....oh that's right, the only car they had was the GTO and that was discontinued.

Seeing as you own a 95' and I own a 88' what is the point in your argument? I am not going to buy a new car and apparently neither did you, within our budgets, were the LS1 cars and the SN95 cars...
Old 07-22-2006, 06:59 AM
stanger88
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: HC_CrAzYHoRsE

well dude i have no idea what to say, as i don't know shizz about carbs, hopefully the tech gurus will chime in soon... but one of my buddies as a very similar set-up to yours and it runs high 12s (best was 12.72) and that's on street tires with very minimal suspension work, but it's EFI... good luck with all that, and if all else fails, just go back to GM ...maybe you're just not meant to have a ford.

Indeed, my only problem is this ford has NO resale value If I could pull 2/3 my $$ out of it NOT COUNTING LABOR, I would happily do so and buy a M6 WS6 LS1 ASAP.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:07 AM
HC_CrAzYHoRsE
Super Moderator

what do you mean it has no resale value ? ....obviously you won't get wha tyou paid for the car and the money you invested, but every car is like that. the foxes are going up now, at least around here...i bought mine for 8k and could easily get 10k out of it now... i dunno, but seems like you got screwed on your deal and overpaid for parts if that list cost you 15k. i've honestly never heard of such a set-up making it run exactly the same as it did when it was stock lol.
Old 07-22-2006, 07:11 AM
stanger88
I ♥ Acer

i've honestly never heard of such a set-up making it run exactly the same as it did when it was stock lol.

Me either, maybe its a Ford thing? At any rate:

Car 1K (car is PERFECT btw, the worst thing wrong with it is semi-cloudy headlights and a non-functional maplight)

transmission swap:2500 (have you priced a TKO, billet flywheel, TKO bellhousing lately)?
Engine: 3200
carburetor: 400
Intake: 150
suspension: @1500 (including tq box kit and all that other jazz)
Exhaust: 600
Gears:200
tires:450
miscelanious restoration stuff: 1,000 (paint, tail lights, etc.)

There is a lot of stuff I am sure I have forgotten and or short-changed, but that is a mini-list of a price breakdown. Not 15K but I stopped while I could still see straight, lmao
Old 07-22-2006, 07:12 AM
stanger88
I ♥ Acer

all prices exclude labor*

Quick Reply: Should I just get an LS1?