5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

hoods on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 03:49 PM
chath_brick
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: UPDATE & WARNING

ORIGINAL: 65mojoe

ORIGINAL: chath_brick

man, its tempting though...he's pretty cheap! the 2000 Cobra R hood i want is only $219! but his shipping charges are outrageous, so i guess thats where he makes up for it.
I was going to get my cobra r 2000 hood for $293, shipped!!! Apparently, this guy had about a dozen new hoods left over from his "old place" and those are the ones that he put on ebay. Then he told me they oversold, and I happened to be one of the people caught in the whole cluster f^ck. Hell, I wouldn't care waiting for another month for a hood that price, but what made me pull away from this guy was his shady excuses. he was always SUPER slow to respond to emails and phone calls, and each week it was something new:
"oh we are trying to finish our website", "oh your check bounced", "oh we are moving to our new facilities". Plain and simple though, it shouldn't matter if your packing your bags to move to China...as a business when a customer buys something from you, you follow through. This guy just has horrible business ethics, plain and simple.

exactly...and what somebody like that doesnt realize is that when your customer service sucks, it will ultimately kill your business. i mean, look at the sales the guy lost just from this thread here because he f*cked one guy over.

also, a good friend of mine who owns a body shop and paints only high-end classic cars said to never use fiberglass parts, he said it doesnt hold paint well and they're a b*tch to work with. he said they chip/spider crack and stuff when you put any pressure on them. so i'm going to look for something made out of another material.
Old 09-29-2006, 06:51 PM
Liquid_02
4th Gear Member

I just bought this hood off eBay yesterday ( Mach 2 ) off Dimensionaudio. Everything seems to look good with this guy, hood finished top to bottom (unlike the other eBay sellers) steel bracket for the hood latch (which I actually told him not to include, as I'm putting hood-pins through it) and only $350 shipped... that's only about another $50 over everyone else, and you get the finished gel coated bottom, and the steel bracket.. pretty good in my books.

Tell you what this guy's like once I get it.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:37 PM
65mojoe
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Liquid_02

I just bought this hood off eBay yesterday ( Mach 2 ) off Dimensionaudio. Everything seems to look good with this guy, hood finished top to bottom (unlike the other eBay sellers) steel bracket for the hood latch (which I actually told him not to include, as I'm putting hood-pins through it) and only $350 shipped... that's only about another $50 over everyone else, and you get the finished gel coated bottom, and the steel bracket.. pretty good in my books.

Tell you what this guy's like once I get it.
Keep us posted on the fitment and quality from that ebay seller. i found him too while I was dealing with this other guy, and ya $350 is pretty good price, plus he has a lot of hood variety. Keep us posted.