5.0L (1979-1995) Mustang Technical discussions on 5.0 Liter Mustangs within. This does not include the 5.0 from the 2011 Mustang GT. That information is in the 2005-1011 section.

self proc;aimed dumbass

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 02:45 PM
hellas85stang
4th Gear Member

Default self proc;aimed dumbass

i just wanted to say we all have our moments in time when we look or do somthing dumbazz...mine was gettin pissed this mornin at my stang when i hooked up my msd box and it didnt work..i look n looked..checked all wires a million times and were al right...i was like lord ya gotta help me...( then i seen the light) my rotor off dizzy was on top of my breeather i for gotto put back in ,and i tightend down cap without it in there...lol GIT R DONEEEEEEEEEEe (right)
Old 08-11-2006, 02:50 PM
Stevens91gt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: self proc;aimed dumbass

haha..i have too many storie's to share

most of them involve me not being able to do something

or saying something doesnt work, and then my dad does it

Old 08-11-2006, 02:58 PM
infierno
1st Gear Member

don't feel too bad, me and my buddy were ridin around in a bronco II we saw an empty grass lot that was muddy from where it had been pooring down the rain, so hes like lets do a little mudbogging. so he hops out and turns the hubs. get back in throws her in 4wheel drive and we go in, then she starts spinnin, im say it aint in 4 wheel drive the front tires aint spinnin, he replies with YES IT IS THE 4 WHEEL DRIVE LIGHT IS ON, so after i have to get out and push on it untill we get enough traction to back track out i look at the hubs, well sure nuff he unlocked them when he turned them
Old 08-11-2006, 03:02 PM
mustangfxbdy
3rd Gear Member

weve all done something like that. We get in a hurry and forget some little something.

ok to make you feel better when i installed my headers i forgot to put all the drivers side plug wires back on and she fired up i was like what the hell shes not sounding right(RUNNING ON 4 CYL.) then light went off and i realized what i had done...

like i said we all have our moments and ive been working on cars for years now since i was 14 and have done everything from rebuild engines to pretty much everything that can be done.... but still i get in a hurry and it happens.

i also knew someone who put a fuel pump in and forgot to plug the wires back up at the tank reinstalled the tank and wondered why it wouldnt start...

thanks for sharing alot of people dont like to admit when they do something crazy like that.
Old 08-11-2006, 03:34 PM
EADracing93
1st Gear Member

i was putting a cam in a motor for a buddy of mine, and i started drinkin some bud light.... well i got the cam all done, new timing chian, front seal, waterpump ect. ect.... the next day i was like... "dang i didnt even line up my dots on the timing chain gears" so i had to tear it all back down and do it over. im not ever gonna drink more than 1 beer again while workin on a car!!!!
Old 08-11-2006, 05:09 PM
hellas85stang
4th Gear Member

a guy here said he can put a motor together and didnt knowwhat atoq wrench is..and put his 400 pontiac togther and 4 got lifters in it till i put push rods inand they went kaplunk to bottom..lol
Old 08-11-2006, 05:30 PM
88BlueGT
6th Gear Member

I am just notorious for snapping bolts [&:]

Guess Im just too strong
Old 08-11-2006, 05:32 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Nobody likes to admit it but we've all been dumbasses at one time or other...
Old 08-11-2006, 07:02 PM
mustang93
2nd Gear Member

i put the dizzy in wrong!
Old 08-11-2006, 07:12 PM
bakedog
1st Gear Member

i used to be a chevy guy till i got my 5.0 and when i changed the head gaskets i put the plug wire on backwards i didnt know the distributor turns the other way.

Quick Reply: self proc;aimed dumbass